Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C question

What is the cost per pound on freon?

R22 - Seen companies charging anywhere from $100-$130 a lbs if they recharge it.

Comment

R140A $200 1st 2lbs, 45 per lb after. Just put in 5lbs.

Comment

I had an AC guy out last week. For the old freon that will be gone in two years was $150/lb.

Comment

Which refrigerant?

R22, R407b, R410A, R134A?
          Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-25-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
            Which refrigerant?
            The post just above yours, unfortunately is what it is. The old freon that will be gone in two years and made me choke when he told me how much.

I was just making sure I was not being taken advantage of...sounds like he was being in line with everyone else on cost.

Thanks!

Comment

I seen this on here before, I have four cans of brand new r22 ( 30lb.) left, I would sale for 500.00 a can. Thats like 17.00 a lb. But no way to get it down there to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                The post just above yours, unfortunately is what it is. The old freon that will be gone in two years and made me choke when he told me how much.

I was just making sure I was not being taken advantage of...sounds like he was being in line with everyone else on cost.

Thanks!
                They make a synthetic R22 that works well and is much cheaper.

Comment

Just had R22 added to my system Sunday, they charged $80 a lb. With service fee it ended up costing me $340, ouch. When I can buy 5lb's offline for $195.00, may buy some to have just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    I seen this on here before, I have four cans of brand new r22 ( 30lb.) left, I would sale for 500.00 a can. Thats like 17.00 a lb. But no way to get it down there to you guys.
                    Now that's just mean

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                        Just had R22 added to my system Sunday, they charged $80 a lb. With service fee it ended up costing me $340, ouch. When I can buy 5lb's offline for $195.00, may buy some to have just in case.
                        I needed 5 pounds and it cost me $500. They were going to give me an $80 break if I signed up for an annual service agreement for $250/per unit.

So...let's add this up. They would mark it down to $420, but overall it would cost me $920. Yeah, right! I pay for my blonde hair, it does not come natural!

I'm beginning to think home ownership is over-rated! Leasing was far less headache and bank account dinging! Gypsy status is where it is at, for sure!

Appreciate the responses. I just wanted to be sure of price before I told him to proceed. Can always count on my Green Screen family

Comment

Yeah, these A/C guys are killing it right now! I had the coil go out it my house a week after it sold and went into contract status. Guys charged me $1,200 and another $300 for freon.

I think I'm going to find a "friend" who can get me some in December and start storing it in my garage for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                            Yeah, these A/C guys are killing it right now! I had the coil go out it my house a week after it sold and went into contract status. Guys charged me $1,200 and another $300 for freon.

I think I'm going to find a "friend" who can get me some in December and start storing it in my garage for the summer.
                            Send your new found "friend" my way too!

Comment

Sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X