Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were your kids when you first took them hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli was 3 the first time we sat in a blind. Now he wants his 8th birthday to be at the lease the day after thanksgiving.

Comment

Mine were 5 & 4 and not a lot of hunting got done, But it was good times.

Comment

Four youngest son. Earliest to drop a deer - seven.

Comment

As soon as they got potty trained.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I started taking my son when he was three. He is hooked big time.
            He convinces his sisters to come every once in a while but they enjoy it as much.
            It can get interesting with two five year olds and a four year old in a box blind.

Comment

First boat trip trip at 2 months. Used to go fishing with me at 2. Shot her first pig at 8.

Comment

Not sure how old he was but I do remember having to carry him to the stand.

Comment

My son was 2 1/2 when he started walking to the stand with me. I had to carry him here and there but it was all worth it. He is 22 now. I sat with him on a few hunts the past few days. He loves to bow hunt to this day.

Comment

My oldest was 5. He shot his first at 12. He had the green light to shoot whatever but every year before he got buck fever and just couldnt get it done.

My middle one is my daughter and has been dove hunting since 5. She hasn't wanted to go deer hunting because she felt sad for them. She's 9 now and said she wants to come this year. I don't think shell want to shoot a deer yet but will shoot a hog.

My youngest is 4 and anytime he sees me in camo asks if he can come hunting with me.

Going to be looking for a new rifle blind in the near future that can seat 4 people. Any suggestions or anything for sale hit me up.

Comment

Trophy7 had just turned 3 when he went with me to llano lease for a week. We hunted there till he was 17. Lease manager sucked , is the reason we left.

Comment

My oldest is 7 now. She’s been in the field wing shooting since she was 2, and duck blinds since 4. Started sitting in deer blinds by 5 and killed 2 turkeys at 5yo. This is her first year to have green light on deer. She is absolutely eat up with it. LOVES going and with some extra entertainment has been sitting 4+ hrs per sit. Just need a legal shooter to come play.

My son is 2 now and is “shooting “ (with 100% assistances) his BB GUN....”pow pow shoot gun”. Sadly didn’t get him into dove field this year, but may duck blind if weather ain’t to bad ( he’s 1/2 as tough as Lola. She would hunt in freezing weather like no problem. Get home and ball her eyes out when her feet thawed out... and want to go back
                        Attached Files

Comment

I changed them in the stand as my dad did me seance they were born and wouldn't have it any other way. This is now what I live for every yrar.

Comment

I think mine were 6 & 4.

Comment

5/6.

It helped mom likes to hunt!

Comment

My youngest daughter has been going with me since she was 6yrs old and she killed a doe that year. She was hooked then she is 13 now and she still holds my hand as we walk to the stand!! Have had some awesome memories with her and she has killed some really nice bucks! It's one of the coolest things to be able to go hunting with your kids and get to see them be successful!

Comment

Working...
                                X