No announcement yet.

Grapevine Lake draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out the last two days. There is an amazing amount of water standing around. There's also a bunch or pigs around the area of 377.

Be aware someone is shooting hogs with a shotgun. Around 9:15 am on Wednesday I heard a shot followed by another shot 5 minutes later. Yesterday we found this.

If anyone see the hog who ran off with my arrow, please ask him to return it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
      I was out the last two days. There is an amazing amount of water standing around. There's also a bunch or pigs around the area of 377.

Be aware someone is shooting hogs with a shotgun. Around 9:15 am on Wednesday I heard a shot followed by another shot 5 minutes later. Yesterday we found this.

If anyone see the hog who ran off with my arrow, please ask him to return it.
      I was hunting one year out there and a group of hunters walked by one had a rifle and another had the worlds oldest bow. Ive seen everything from people releasing dogs with radio collars to bums living in tents out there

Comment

I would probably let the warden know about that

Comment

Please note, squirrel hunters can use shotguns. The Asian guys hunt it pretty hard, so don't be surprised to see them walk under your tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
            I was hunting one year out there and a group of hunters walked by one had a rifle and another had the worlds oldest bow. Ive seen everything from people releasing dogs with radio collars to bums living in tents out there
            I found an abandon camp while scouting this year. talk about creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Please note, squirrel hunters can use shotguns. The Asian guys hunt it pretty hard, so don't be surprised to see them walk under your tree.
              I'm sure at least one of them has a general permit too. Maybe an orange rag tied to his belt. I wonder if I see any of them if they'll have as horrible of gun handling skills as the ones at Lavon.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
                I'm sure at least one of them has a general permit too. Maybe an orange rag tied to his belt. I wonder if I see any of them if they'll have as horrible of gun handling skills as the ones at Lavon.
                I've had a few walk by my pop up and never see me. Surprised they never step on snakes looking up all the time.

Comment

One of the meth heads helped me drag a deer out and load it in my truck once. True story. Their 'camp' wasn't far form the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    One of the meth heads helped me drag a deer out and load it in my truck once. True story. Their 'camp' wasn't far form the parking lot.
                    Yep it's true. And I remember being pretty mad that you didn't offer me any backstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                      [emoji23][emoji23] that's awesome. Don't judge a book by its cover ever. I'm loading up headed that way for November. Cant wait to be in the woods with the rest of the lucky guys with the golden tickets. Bringing the waders and leaving the Big&J here in Houston [emoji16] time to shank a stud. Hope I dont have to smash a squirrel hunter over the head. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Yep it's true. And I remember being pretty mad that you didn't offer me any backstrap.
                        [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Grapevine Lake draw

One less piggy today. He made it about 5 feet after contact. Almost got a second shot off on one of his 8 friends. They came wandering in while I was about half way up a tree. I eased back down and then put him down. Met a guy hunting squirrels on my way back into retrieve dinner. Will head back out, hopefully for a deer after the weekend crowd is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                            One less piggy today. He made it about 5 feet after contact. Almost got a second shot off on one of his 8 friends. They came wandering in while I was about half way up a tree. I eased back down and then put him down. Met a guy hunting squirrels on my way back into retrieve dinner. Will head back out, hopefully for a deer after the weekend crowd is done.

What side you hunt ? Are the bottoms soaked ????

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                              What side you hunt ? Are the bottoms soaked ????

Everything is soaked. I got 2.5” at my house by DFW on Wednesday. That one put Denton creek (and pretty much everything else) over its banks. If you want to catch up away from the crowd PM me. I don’t like putting too much detail on here now that I know how many people read this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post

Nice. I wish I was able to find the one I stuck.

The pigs are thick everywhere it's dry right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X