Broke in the new Scorpyd Crossbow...twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke in the new Scorpyd Crossbow...twice

I broke in the new scorpyd (Orion Extreme) last weekend. Friday the 13th was a great day. It was so hot that day but I went anyway hoping to see something, I figured nothing would be moving til just before dark. Has anyone else tried a scentblaster? I had one hanging in the tree with me with some red arrow muscadine for cover and another one downrange with "lights out" scent (smells like evercalm to me). I normally use an ozonics but decided not to that day. Saw my first buck at 6pm through the trees out in front of me that I never could get a good look at. Had a small freak spike come in and start feeding about 30 yards to my right. Watched him for about 15 minutes and saw him looking out in the woods and acting nervous. This wide 6 came in and starting herding him around. I was waiting on a shot opportunity and had another buck come in from behind me towards the other two bucks. The six puffed up and headed towards the new buck. As soon as he hit one of my openings I took the shot. 32 yards, spinal tapp arrow, slick trick 125 magnum. He bolted, so I sat for 30 minutes like I normally do. just as I started gathering my stuff up to go look I had this boar come running in from behind me. I literally saw him, picked up the crossbow and shot him at 10 yards in less than 5 seconds. He ran about 15 yards in front of me..stopped for a second and tried to run back the way he came. He made it back to where I shot him and dropped. I think it was less than 10 seconds start to finish. The six point had went maybe 25 yards as well. He has an 18" inside spread and the hog was over 200#. Never found either arrow, both were complete pass through. I think the hog one is buried in the ground, Lol
    Attached Files

Sounds like a great night! Congrats.

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great shooting now you are ready for sausage!! Congrats!

Comment

What a great night! Congrats

Comment

That is a hell of a hunt!!! Congats Sir!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the double

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is a crazy looking six. I like

Comment

Working...
                      X