School situation with my 12 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    It was a better day when boys could settle matters at recess. Settle up. It's over.
    And more times than not, we would end up friends when the dust settled

As far as my kids go...they won't bow down to a bully. We may end up spending money on attorneys, but I'll be danged if I'll tell my kids that they have to take that bullying crap from anyone. Judge me all you want, I'm good with it

Comment

I just had my middle son, he’s a junior, deal with bullying. I told him to sucker punch the bully. In the end it got handled because he started bullying via text message and the school got involved.
      My older son also got bullied during jr high. The kid was much smaller than my son and I told him it won’t stop till you handle it. I also told him to hit the kid and it will stop He ended up flattening him one day during football practice and it was over after that.

In the end I told my kids to end the problem through violence. I don’t believe in violence and don’t condone such behavior but when a kid has no recourse, the other parent won’t intervene and the school could care less. What’s a kid to do. I told both of them that there will be consequences and you will have to accept them. I am a Christian and felt that asking my kid to turn the other cheek and possibly get bullied for the rest of high school was not an option because they are trapped in school and can’t walk away from the situation.

Comment

This is why everyone should get Texas Lawshield with the minor add on, then you will have representation in this type of event.

Comment

Correct answer is teach your kid how to throw a punch so next time he’ll connect!!

Comment

Got a grandson dealing with this now. He asked and I gave him 2 bits of advice, 1. Don't let peoples words get to you, when people know which words punch your buttons, they control you! 2. Don't let anyone run over you in any, sure you might get in trouble, but standing up for yourself sometimes comes with a bit of trouble, just call your dad "BEFORE" you tell the principle to get bent. Before everyone jumps up to holler about telling the principle off, if him and his subordinates cared about stopping bullying, we wouldn't be where we are, if they don't want the kids stepping up, they need to get to stepping themselves.

Comment

School situation with my 12 yr old

It’s all good
              Last edited by Texas8point; 10-17-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                Thats what happens when you take away a kids ability to defend themselves and put it into the hands of the school. The school cannot and will not be able to handle all the issues. And when it isnt handled and kids arent able to stand up for themselves it eats them up inside. Day after day till they snap and kill themselves or someone else. Why we take away their fundamental right to defend themselves is beyond my comprehension
                I agree. It's just plain stupid that a kid could get in trouble with the law for defending their self. What does that say about us as a society? They're trying to teach these kids to become a target. I'm not saying violence is the answer......ok....scratch that. Yes it is.

Some people just need pain inflicted on them in a bad way to get the point across. That's the way it always has been and always will be. A bully feeds off of fear,whether it's the victims fear of them or the victims fear of getting into trouble if they defend their self. Once they sense that fear it won't stop until the victim stands up and tries his hardest to break every bone in their face right there in front of God and everyone else.

The best thing he can do is ignore any malicious comment or anything of that sort through text or social media. Which means all threats should be said man to man. And follow through with them.
                Last edited by okrattler; 10-17-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

A kid at 12 years old has to be taught to stand up for himself. Do not instigate and do not bully but if your picked on or backed into a corner you come out fighting. I will not teach my kids to lay down and be cowards. What are they gonna do later in life when they graduate and have to defend themselves or there family? People will try to run you over your entire life if you let them.

Comment

What a crappy time we are in. Having to worry what might happen to our child for defending themselves.
                    I may be totally wrong, but I agree with hoghunter69. Have a meeting with both kids and parents and let them know you are going to give the green light to your kid to take care of business if he continues to be bullied.

Comment

Man, this stuff goes on in Elementary, Junior High, and even High School. It is unreal. Sometimes the bullies have no idea who they are messing with. OP.....not sure if the bully is in several of your son’s classes.....my two cents at the end of my drama.... When my son ( Athlete ) was a Junior in High School, two dopeheads decided to engage him one day in the class and in the hall before a Teacher stopped an incident. However, the Teacher reported it. Unbelievably my son was pulled from the baseball field later in the afternoon by the Principal. He was made to be felt like he was a bad guy. That afternoon my son told my wife and I what happened. I asked him if he could take them. He said he could pummel both of them at the same time. That was Friday evening. On Monday morning at 7am we were in the Principals office. The Pricipal agreed that the two thugs were the instigators and had talked to them as well. I demanded that a Monitor be placed in that particular class for the entire week. This was not for my sons safety. It was for the safety of the other two kids. My suggestion.....a Monitor needs to be in that class based on your demand. Otherwise things can escalate. I know they cannot do this in all cases. However, they did at my request and every day for one week my son told me there was a male adult in that class watching them. Again, I realize there are not a bunch of extra folks to go around but if it gets serious then the school has to do something. Hope things get better for your son.

Comment

My gosh what the hell is going on in our society that two kids can’t duke it out anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Been there done that. We told ours to throat punch the bully.

The name calling quit when my wife and i told the principal our son was gonna take matters into his own hands since the attempts to do it correctly were not answered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          Been a year or so, actually a long time ago, when this zero tolerance crap came out and anybody involved got an assault ticket. We got called to the Jr High a d I lwt the assistant principal go bbn on for a bit on how my son was going to be suspended, sent to alternative school and get an assault ticket. Wife was discussing and finally I couldnt take his crap no more, stopped him and asked the kid what happened. He said same old crap with same kid, bullying and hit him in back of football helmet with another helmet, swinging it like a bat. Son said it about knockednhim out but he didnt do anything until locker room when bully apprached him and slapped him. Son wasnt taking it anymore, crumpled the kid up and was stuffing him in a locker when coach came around the corner.

I said okay, looked at principal and said it sounded like self defense. Long story short, he called school resource officer, she walked in and said, hey sergeant, what are you doing here. Principal about unloaded a brick when he found out I was LEO, but still told her to do an assault. She asked what happened, was told and she said nope, self defense.

Later, that principal started calling my son sir when my son got elected to the school board.

Bullies suck...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                            Been a year or so, actually a long time ago, when this zero tolerance crap came out and anybody involved got an assault ticket. We got called to the Jr High a d I lwt the assistant principal go bbn on for a bit on how my son was going to be suspended, sent to alternative school and get an assault ticket. Wife was discussing and finally I couldnt take his crap no more, stopped him and asked the kid what happened. He said same old crap with same kid, bullying and hit him in back of football helmet with another helmet, swinging it like a bat. Son said it about knockednhim out but he didnt do anything until locker room when bully apprached him and slapped him. Son wasnt taking it anymore, crumpled the kid up and was stuffing him in a locker when coach came around the corner.

I said okay, looked at principal and said it sounded like self defense. Long story short, he called school resource officer, she walked in and said, hey sergeant, what are you doing here. Principal about unloaded a brick when he found out I was LEO, but still told her to do an assault. She asked what happened, was told and she said nope, self defense.

Later, that principal started calling my son sir when my son got elected to the school board.

Bullies suck...

So does ur keyboard!

Comment

Yall need to get Beto here to talk about why we all cant get along, bullies, nice kids, bad kids, Texas kids. Geez.....

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                So does ur keyboard!
                                Yeah, typing on phone keyboard and it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X