3rd main beam- out of nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd main beam- out of nowhere

For bucks you have seen with a 3rd beam, did they just appear one year or was it a genetic trait they grew every year?

I have a good buck I’ve been chasing for 4 years now. Easily identifiable. This year he threw a 3rd beam... a good one. Not sure how old he is but has to be at least 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics???

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a buck I shot several years ago. I had seen him several years when he was a mature 8 point but passed on him. The 3rd main beam just appeared with a brow tine on it as well. I had lots of pictures from the previous years and am 99% that is the same buck. He was very old .

Comment

Good question.Dont know,waiting to see if this one shows up this year. Pic from last year
        Attached Files

Comment

2015 was first time i saw him. somehow missed a perfectly broadside shot at 20 years. clipped him, very little blood. didn't run cams that year.

2016 i set out to prove he survived, found him. saw him a few times out of bow range.
          pics in 2016. looks old as dirt to me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Another 2016

Then 2017 , got him patterned now... think he has me patterned also. Only pic I have handy .

Now this year 2018. Cam just got out up. Should have better pics soon.

Comment

Very cool deer. Do you feed protein? If so, did you change from one brand to another? I’ve never had one grow another main beam. Hope you get him

Comment

Great buck. Good luck with taking him!

Found a big shed one year with a big third beam. Never saw him on the hoof. Killed him the next year at 7.5 yrs with same exact heavy rack, but no third beam. FWIW

BP

Comment

Awesome looking buck

Comment

In my experience if you find one with a 3rd main beam it usually never returns...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      Very cool deer. Do you feed protein? If so, did you change from one brand to another? I’ve never had one grow another main beam. Hope you get him
                      don't feed anything i just make mineral sites.

Comment

What a beautiful deer!!!! I’d have to get this in a frame if it were me!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

What a beautiful deer!!!! I’d have to get this in a frame if it were me!

trust me it is saved and ready to frame for when he goes down.
                          this pic has a lasting memory. i was on a 10 day straight hunt waiting for him to show and the 1 morning i decide to sleep in i wake up to a text message....it was this pic sent to me. my stand was 12 yards from where he is standing.

Comment

That is one beautiful deer man. Good luck on taking him. Great pic but it will haunt you fooooooorever if you don't.

Comment

update on this old buck. 3rd beam is gone like Mexico suggested. Seems to be going down hill a bit. nice forked brows though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X