What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

I tore a tendon that required surgery. The original surgeon I spoke with was great and told me that I definitely needed surgery. He decided to refer me to another surgeon that specialized in arms. The short story is that the “arm doc” was terrible. He gave me no clear direction and had a terrible bedside manner. I ultimately decided to go to another orthopedic group in the metroplex and have my surgery done there (great experience).

So, here’s my question...

Should I email/call my original doc to let him know my thoughts on the “arm doc” or just let it be?

Tell him. If I was referring people to someone, I'd want to know.

Comment

Yea, I'd tell him...…..
      Doctors, are just like everybody else.....
      Some good, some not so good.....

Comment

Definitely tell him about your experience. First doc needs to step up his game or lose business.

Comment

Tell him. He referring people, and it reflects back on him

Comment

Definitely tell him.
            He could be good friends with 'arm doc', could have heard of his reputation, could be tied in with him through clinic ownership, etc.
            Whatever the reason for the referral, you should tell him your impression of 'arm doc' and let him decide what do with your feedback.

Comment

Call your doc and let them know. Also, I'm curious who the "arm doc" was that was terrible... you can PM me if you'd like...

Comment

Yep. He may not know about it

Comment

Yes--and go to the bad doc's website and leave feedback there as well if possible.

Comment

if you were referring your customers out to someone they were unhappy with .... would you want to know?

Comment

Agree with the other responses.

Comment

Let him know, but my experience with docs is the worst the bedside manners the more skilled the doc. Of course, that doesn't matter and not true, but just because bedside manners aren't good doesn't mean he isn't an excellent surgeon. Sometimes those guys no they are so good, see so many people and just don't give a crap for chit chat. Straight to the point, no wasting time etc because they have done this thousands of times.

Comment

I'd be honest with him about your experience. He obviously respects him enough to give a referral but then again they may have linked ownership/partnership. Either way, candid feedback should be appreciated.

Comment

Tell him your reason as to why so hopefully he can improve his services

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                              Call your doc and let them know. Also, I'm curious who the "arm doc" was that was terrible... you can PM me if you'd like...
                              PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X