Bizarre Experience - Exploding Bottle Gashed My Sons Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre Experience - Exploding Bottle Gashed My Sons Face

One of my greatest fears in life is not being able to completely protect my children. Last night was one of those times, and was truly one of the strangest experiences of my life.

While in Houston this weekend, I picked up a few packs of good root beer that I can't find anywhere around Belton. It was loaded in the back of my wife's GMC Envoy, and as we were unloading, a 4 pack fell out of the back and literally exploded like a bomb when it hit the driveway. Glass flew around like shrapnel. My son was standing about 8-10 ft away from the car, but a piece of bottle ended up flying up and hitting him in the face. As soon as he screamed, I knew we were on our way to the ER. After about a 5 hour process, he ended up with 11 stitches in his cheek. Looking at the path of the cut, we are overwhelmingly amazed that it completely missed his eye. It was all one of the craziest experiences I've ever had. Never seen a bottle completely explode like that!

Dang! That's scary! Chicks dig scars big guy!

Comment

**** what brand is that..I would surely write them a letter letting them know,todays ingredients

Comment

wow, all I can say is wow. looked like it could have easily been much more serious, glad it wasn't. the girls are going to love that even if it sucks right now.

Comment

Wow! Glad the little guy is ok!!

Comment

Crazy!!! That was close to disastrous!!! However, on the positive side, he can have a conversation piece whenever he talks to the ladies That is a handsome fella

Comment

That's amazing . . . Glad the little man wasn't more seriously injured.

Comment

Well that really sux!!! I hope the best fast recover for him!!!

Comment

Ouch.... Glad he turned out ok.

Comment

Wow, that really sucks. Prayers up for the little guy to heal quickly.

Comment

Barbarian way to get your son off sodas...

Glad he's ok.

Comment

Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The good Lord was watching over him.

Comment

Man that's scary as hell!!!

He can tell chicks some scary animal scratched him, but he killed it with a knife!

Comment

That's insane! Glad it missed his eyes!

Comment

Wow- glad he's ok!

Comment

Working...
                              X