Small towns around San Angelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small towns around San Angelo

Where are some of the best places to live with 30 miles of San Angelo? Might be looking at a new career that would involve uprooting the family and moving. We wouldn't want to live in the city of San Angelo, just a smaller town that is nice with good schools, I have three small kids. I've heard Christoval and Ballinger so far.

El Dorado ain't a bad little lown.

Comment

One with a decent water supply...if I had to choose, Christoval would be my choice over Ballinger. There are also some newer subdivisions with 5-10 acre tracts in the Wall ISD. People around here love Wall ISD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
        El Dorado ain't a bad little lown.
        To live in? Yikes...I'd hate to see what a bad little town looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
          To live in? Yikes...I'd hate to see what a bad little town looks like.
          I guess appearance is deceiving, just spent a few days there and seemed like a quiet little town.

Comment

I would definitley consider Wall. Great community.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrapper10 View Post
              I would definitley consider Wall. Great community.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                I guess appearance is deceiving, just spent a few days there and seemed like a quiet little town.
                It's definitely quiet, until the wind starts blowing. Or an FLDS trial is taking place. Honestly, I don't know if there is a house in that town I'd want to live in, pretty run down.

Comment

Water Vally Tx not a bad small town

Mertzon Tx Would be you best bet for that area

Comment

Originally posted by Copper87 View Post
                    Water Vally Tx not a bad small town

Mertzon Tx Would be you best bet for that area
                    Mertzon is pretty and nice with Spring Creek running through it but it is also overrun by the oilfield right now.

Comment

It's definitely quiet, until the wind starts blowing. Or an FLDS trial is taking place. Honestly, I don't know if there is a house in that town I'd want to live in, pretty run down.
                      Not sure how to take that and there is no more FLDS. Good schools though.. I enjoy the quiet and not having to lock my doors. I'm building in the Wall district to be a little closer to San Angelo though.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Not sure how to take that and there is no more FLDS. Good schools though.. I enjoy the quiet and not having to lock my doors. I'm building in the Wall district to be a little closer to San Angelo though.
                        Wasn't trying to insult anyone, sorry if you took offense. I work in the Schleicher County Courthouse a lot and have driven around Eldorado while the courthouse is closed during lunch and the neighborhoods just seem pretty run down. I'm sure there are some nice places that I missed. I was just joking about the FLDS, all of those trials were held in San Angelo anyway.

Comment

Wasn't trying to insult anyone, sorry if you took offense. I work in the Schleicher County Courthouse a lot and have driven around Eldorado while the courthouse is closed during lunch and the neighborhoods just seem pretty run down. I'm sure there are some nice places that I missed. I was just joking about the FLDS, all of those trials were held in San Angelo anyway.
                          Nah none taken it is an older town.. All are older neighborhoods very few new houses in town and no subdivisions.. Most people have been here forever. Mostly good people too. Almost all new houses people have built on their property and not much of that gets sold out here guess that's why I like it.

Been here my whole life as well and I think Wall would be the only place better. Christoval and Mertzon have some subdivisions with newer homes close but I don't prefer the towns.
                          Last edited by bphillips; 08-15-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Veribest

Comment

Bronte. In coke co.

Comment

Working...
                              X