No announcement yet.

Incredible little cabin in Cripple Creek, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you getting to the top of the Peak..Tram,rail,driving??

Comment

Taking the COG in the morning. Went to Garden of the Gods and Cheyenne Canyon Park today. I'll try to get some more pics up!

Comment

The Mollie Kathleen gold mine tour is pretty neat also. The tour is at 1000 feet underground.

Comment

Let's see some pics! You going to check out Seven Falls? I wanted to go last time I was there, but didn't make it.

Comment

Nice place, can't believe how much it's changed from the early 70's when I lived up there..

Comment

Now that is nice

Comment

That awesome. I may need to check into booking that cabin one day soon.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  The website for the cabin company is www.coloradomountaincabins.com. We are in the Sunrise Chalet. Hard to believe its only $165/night! There's some other really nice ones they manage, and they are all in the Woodland Park and Cripple Creek area.
                  We are leaving this saturday and staying in the Little Bear Retreat and cant wait to get there.

Comment

Unfortunately Seven Falls is closed due to damage from a flood. The Royal Gorge bridge was also closed due to damage from a wildfire. Getting eeady to head to Pikes Peak this morning but here are a few from yesterday.

Comment

I think she is waiting on a handout!!

Comment

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
                        Pm me the info on that cabin. I need a get away in a bad way
                        Last edited by Two 10's; 07-30-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

nice!

Comment

love the country up there!

Comment

Incredible little cabin in Cripple Creek, CO

Unfortunately this was our view from the top of Pikes Peak. Basically got rained out.

BUT! the redeeming part of the ride was that we got to see several big horn sheep at 13,000 ft. One with a full curl. When I lived here as a kid we saw bears, elk, moose, deer, everything...except big horn sheep, so it was fun to finally see them nearly 30 years later. Tomorrow we's heading back to Texas.
                              Last edited by txpitdog; 07-30-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                                Are you going to ride the train to pikes peak?? I highly recommend it.

If so, carry a jacket... 2 weeks ago, it started raining up there, and temps. Dropped to about 38 degrees.
                                We were up there two weeks ago. Rain turned to sleet and it was pretty chilly.

Comment

Working...
                                X