No announcement yet.

School situation with my 12 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading this scares me to death. My son is a year and a half. The way stuff has changed since I was in middle school 20 years ago is insane. I can't imagine how soft and screwed up we'll be in another 10.

I completely understand the advice for the OP's son to start writing this down and filing a report every time it happens(and I do agree with it to an extent), but man...I can't help but think how that affects the way they see/handle situations in their future.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
      Reading this scares me to death. My son is a year and a half. The way stuff has changed since I was in middle school 20 years ago is insane. I can't imagine how soft and screwed up we'll be in another 10.

I completely understand the advice for the OP's son to start writing this down and filing a report every time it happens(and I do agree with it to an extent), but man...I can't help but think how that affects the way they see/handle situations in their future.
      I agree some don’t need to be on a hunting forum LOL!! Can’t believe how some people are thinking these day very soft. All I hear is how they will go to juvenile detention and press charges really! Some need to teach their kids to get some nuts and grow up and be men period. Talk to the principal and tell him if the bullying keeps up your not responsible what happens next...

Comment

2 things are abundantly clear in this thread.

1. It’s not kids that have changed but the adults around them
        2. A lot of people live with fear in their hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
          Update....

I met with the principle who is a good guy, we've generically talked a few times over the last couple of years.
          He did some investigating and talked to several kids and a teacher that were there prior to meeting with them.
          My son as well as the other kid were forthcoming and honest when asked what happened and the names that were called. Apparently this kid has been in trouble the last couple of years for name calling and running his mouth.
          The principle talked with the them, made the kids talk to each other. They both have to come check in with him twice a week, as well as the teacher that has then in a class together. He said the policy is to suspend then both, but he wasn't going to do that. They have a pep rally today at school that they can't go to because they will be in a classroom together helping a teacher.
          He said both of the boys seem to be Alpha kids and could be roll models for the 6th graders so they have to sit with and mentor them at lunch for a few weeks.

Our meeting went well, the kids hopefully resolved their issue as well. He was meeting with the other kids dad shortly after me.
          Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
          Now that is a quality educator right there. Using it as a teaching moment instead of just punishing them and letting them get days out of school.
          That's exactly what I was thinking...an educator/principal who can think and make rational decisions! This can be a win/win and the bully may actually learn from this. Kudos to the principal.

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
          2 things are abundantly clear in this thread.

1. It’s not kids that have changed but the adults around them
          2. A lot of people live with fear in their hearts
          I agree!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Just in case, maybe your son should carry around a roll of nickles (lunch money)... never know when he might need a little extra money... If he's a rightie, he should practice with his left hand... I'm jus' sayin'... But keep that roll of nickles in the pants pocket on the strong side...
            Saw that tactic in the junior high basketball bleachers one day. I'll never forget them nickles exploding and going everywhere when my buddy hit that ole boy. Lol. We called it a fist load back then. Lol

Comment

My daughter has been verbally bullied at school for a couple years by the same girl. She’d get in the truck crying and fed up with it. We talked to the teachers, principal, etc on multiple occasions and it never stopped. Since it never got physical, I just told my daughter to get up in the other girls face the next time she did this and tell her she wasn’t going to take it anymore, and give her a piece of her mind...like she has no fear of anything...except do it so loudly that everyone could hear her...including the teachers. The bully **** near wet her pants. Never been an issue again.

Good luck.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
              X