Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
    Winner!

I don't think you're supposed to read the tag, I believe the law states something about contacting local GW or something.
    Sorry officer I couldn’t see the tag until after it was down

Comment

I'm with dbaio1, if they can reasonably expect people to not shoot their loose exotics, I should be able to send them a feed bill for all of the corn they ate.

Comment

I'm with dbaio1, if they can reasonably expect people to not shoot their loose exotics, I should be able to send them a feed bill for all of the corn they ate.
        You getting a lot of exotics on the 20 acres in Pecos county?

Comment

I don’t think these ranches are going to be mad if you shoot their Blackbuck, axis or fallow.i was able to get in yesterday and fix two of our water gaps. I think it would be pretty crappy to shoot a neighboring ranchers elk, oryx, addax, gemsbok etc... knowing theses guys fork over a lot Of money for these guys. Best to give them a shot at getting them back.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            In theory, Beto.

Surely they've insured their livestock. The only reason the law has been changed is because someone with money greased some palms. Ridiculous law IMO. Does this mean if someone's escaped elk finds itself in the grill of someone's vehicle said driver can sue the owner?

Comment

In theory, Beto.

Surely they've insured their livestock. The only reason the law has been changed is because someone with money greased some palms. Ridiculous law IMO. Does this mean if someone's escaped elk finds itself in the grill of someone's vehicle said driver can sue the owner?
              If I see an elk on our place it will end up on a grill. Multiple times.

Comment

Comment

Pretty sure I’m in the minority here, but I don’t want exotics or introduces genetics where I hunt. I enjoy hunting native white tails and seeing what they can become. I’d have no problem shooting an axis, fallow or what ever, just don’t want them on my place. It’s my only problem with high fence, bring in animals from other countries or states is cool until they get out. Not a positive in my opinion. Lucky for me I’m a pretty good distance from the closest high fence and lots of Bohemians between me and them.

Comment

Comment

You would be surprised. We shot elk, blackbuck, etc on our place. Thank you DR Horton!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        You would be surprised. We shot elk, blackbuck, etc on our place. Thank you DR Horton!!
                        We've actually seen a couple blackbuck doe (never got a shot at) and my brother's taken a few merino rams. None had tags.

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
                          not to mention a lot of ranchers including some folks on TBH will lose a lot of hard earned resources and money when those exotics become "free ranging" as you call it.

not a good outcome
                          Sorry, you bought livestock that cannot be claimed... You knew the risk when you got into the business. Not saying it doesn't suck just saying it's part of the game

Comment

BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
                            Riiiiiiight

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              He got the last laugh and bought our ranch, lol

Comment

Yup, if an exotic walks through our place then I’m sorry bout your loss

Comment

Working...
                                X