Fireworks Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
    First time I can remember thinking/saying this but...I think you’re off on this one Curt. If it was two days a year, I’d be good with it. In our neighborhood it’s HEAVY for 3-4 days (twice a year) and intermittent for 3-4 weeks (twice a year). In addition, you can celebrate life but regardless of how much you have to celebrate, shooting off fireworks at 3:00 am on a Tuesday morning is absurd.

For the most part, our neighbors are extremely respectful but we have a half dozen yahoos who weren’t taught common courtesy.
    Yahooo!!!

Comment

The battle of South Austin has already begun and it will escalate over the next couple of nights. I’m good with it. It only happens twice a year.

-------------------------------
      Violence never settles anything
      -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        We don't typically pop fireworks, but I'd be happy to loan out my come-a-long if any of you would like to remove the stick from your ***. It's fireworks for Lord's sake. In the city, in the county or in the country....they're supposed to be fun. Lighten up, Francis. It happens twice a year and people are actually celebrating life.
        Midnight is a reasonable time but not past that... Go ahead and send me your come-a-long, Curt. Just drop it off to me at work tomorrow. Yeah I wouldn't care how late they do their shenanigans except that I get up at 0430 to go to work. Some of us have to be available in the ER for the "hold my beer and watch this" crowd to get treatment for the aftermath of their dumbarse ideas... and I'm pretty sure most of those paying me a visit in the trauma pod of our ER tomorrow will not want me super sleep deprived when caring for them. Like I said there's reasonable and there's not reasonable...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
          First time I can remember thinking/saying this but...I think you’re off on this one Curt. If it was two days a year, I’d be good with it. In our neighborhood it’s HEAVY for 3-4 days (twice a year) and intermittent for 3-4 weeks (twice a year). In addition, you can celebrate life but regardless of how much you have to celebrate, shooting off fireworks at 3:00 am on a Tuesday morning is absurd.

For the most part, our neighbors are extremely respectful but we have a half dozen yahoos who weren’t taught common courtesy.
          I understand your frustration. I live in a very nice neighborhood that is probably 50-60% Hispanic. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, pops fireworks like RICH MEXICANS that can always buy some more tomorrow. Each house tries to outdo the next and the gringos like me sit on the back porch and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
            Midnight is a reasonable time but not past that... Go ahead and send me your come-a-long, Curt. Just drop it off to me at work tomorrow. Yeah I wouldn't care how late they do their shenanigans except that I get up at 0430 to go to work. Some of us have to be available in the ER for the "hold my beer and watch this" crowd to get treatment for the aftermath of their dumbarse ideas... and I'm pretty sure most of those paying me a visit in the trauma pod of our ER tomorrow will not want me super sleep deprived when caring for them. Like I said there's reasonable and there's not reasonable...
            Agreed. I’m good with our neighborhood going as late as they want to on the 4th and NYE but midnight is a respectful cutoff for the rest of the year. Then again, I’ve got young kids so trying to get a toddler back to sleep after a 3:30 am mortar shell (on a work day) may skew my opinion some.

Comment

I use to have an in town neighbor who would do the 2-3 am several nights in a row around the 4th and NYE. Was a bit irritating after a couple of days being kept up that late. All for it on the 4th but would like at least a midnight cut off (at least in town)on the other days surrounding the holiday.

Comment

If you're gonna do something stupid with them please video it and put it on the internet for the world to see. That should be rule #1.

What true red blooded American doesn't like grilling out,getting drunk and blowing up ant hills and beer bottles or losing a finger now and then? The 4th of July is one of if not my most favorite holiday.

Comment

I think 11pm is a good time to stop on 4th, new years maybe 1am or 1230 but I have yahoos as well that pop them as soon as the fireworks stands open. Fireworks are awesome, but if you live in a subdivision it would be respectful and considerate to think of your neighbors. Some neighbors have dogs, kids/babies, and/or work jobs that are unusual hours. For instance, I am at work now til 4am then drive an hour home. When I work days I am waking up at 230am to drive an hour to work a 12hr shift. Some people are cops, firefighters, EMT, plant workers, Doctors, nurses, and any other jobs I left out that require unusual hours and long days.

I grew up living on a farm in a rural area so this suburban living is new to me but I wont pop fireworks in the street. I will light them up at the ranch but still won't go late into the night even if my neighbors are .5 to 1 mile away.
                  Last edited by Beargrasstx; 07-04-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

The numb nuts in my neighborhood believe nature will clean up their fireworks mess as the streets are littered with debris.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Don't shoot them if you don't want to buy somebody's else's house.
                      No no this is the only plausible response .

All lighters of the wick should be ready to purchase new homes!!

Smh

Comment

We’re good with the neighbors blowing up pretty much whatever they want. It’s only a few nights a year. But we’re also on acre+ lots so spread out pretty good. I personally stopped buying all the visual stuff and have moved to noise only. A thunder mug and a couple pounds of black powder makes for quite a few good boomers throughout the evening ......

Comment

Smoke em if you got em! We stop by 11 at my buddies place but they all have acre+ lots. Everyone does a good job of cleaning up debris in the morning.

Comment

Dark to midnight and pick your debris up. All good!!! We blew up a **** ton last night!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Until they were banned, people were shooting them whenever. It was during the day this past Saturday and they were shooting them (not the loud m80 firecracker type, but in the sky). Last year it was well into the am when some of our neighbors were still going. I don't mind though, we chose to move out here away from the city on purpose. Our one dog is afraid of them, but we just don't let him out in the yard when it's happening and it's fine.

Comment

In this neighborhood it is about half guns and half fireworks......

Comment

Working...
                                X