No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re headed to cooperstown Allstar Village in a couple weeks. Anyone going or anyone been that has suggestions on what to do/bring?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
      We’re headed to cooperstown Allstar Village in a couple weeks. Anyone going or anyone been that has suggestions on what to do/bring?
      We're here now and it's been a week! Lol. We lost our second game today so our tournament is officially over. Plan for tomorrow is to find somewhere to fish and go watch the big boys Duke it out in the ship. Make sure you check the weather and pack clothes accordingly. I've bee cold all week! Lol Autum cafe has a solid breakfast, the depot has the best wings I've ever had, and Brooks BBQ is very decent as well. Hall of Fame is a must do and there is a little grill(backyard I think?) there with amazing hotdogs. While in Cooperstown bring the boy to Cooperstown Bat company and get him a customized wood bat. Sweet bats and great prices. If you go in with 3 other people the price per bat is really cheap. Be prepared to have a blast and this country is beautiful. Good luck to you guys!
      Last edited by cwill; 06-06-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
        We're here now and it's been a week! Lol. We lost our second game today so our tournament is officially over. Plan for tomorrow is to find somewhere to fish and go watch the big boys Duke it out in the ship. Make sure you check the weather and pack clothes accordingly. I've bee cold all week! Lol Autum cafe has a solid breakfast, the depot has the best wings I've ever had, and Brooks BBQ is very decent as well. Hall of Fame is a must do and there is a little grill(backyard I think?) there with amazing hotdogs. While in Cooperstown bring the boy to Cooperstown Bat company and get him a customized wood bat. Sweet bats and great prices. If you go in with 3 other people the price per bat is really cheap. Be prepared to have a blast and this country is beautiful. Good luck to you guys!
        Cool! TXJim is up there now at Dreams Park as well.

Any tips for the boys/coaches in the barracks? We have a lot of parents concerned about what to bring and not bring.

Comment

Most of our parents bought cheap bedding at Walmart here so they didn't have to pack it. They'll need alittle spending money for snacks/arcade. Some of them will need phones so you can coordinate when you'll pick them up etc. Parents have NO access to the dorms after you drop them off. Lable EVERYTHING your kid brings. No food or drinks in the dorms, but we snuck them in and the kids kept them under one of the beds. Lol There will be times they won't be able to hit the cafeteria because of game times and they'll be starving. We just ordered pizza or brought burgers and they came up and ate. There is a pool, but our coaches did not allow swimming but yours may so bring swim suits. In the 50's here most of the week so wasn't an option to swim anyway. Other than that just bring normal toiletries. Off topic but talk the parents into buying the photo package offered by the park. They do a fantastic job and you'll have 2000-3000 pics of the players by the end.

Comment

Well we have one more tournament left this season which is the NIT here in the Dfw

Comment

My kid plays V Tool in Houston starting today. He has not met over half of his team so it will be interesting. It will be a busy 9 weeks. He leaves for Indy Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                Most of our parents bought cheap bedding at Walmart here so they didn't have to pack it. They'll need alittle spending money for snacks/arcade. Some of them will need phones so you can coordinate when you'll pick them up etc. Parents have NO access to the dorms after you drop them off. Lable EVERYTHING your kid brings. No food or drinks in the dorms, but we snuck them in and the kids kept them under one of the beds. Lol There will be times they won't be able to hit the cafeteria because of game times and they'll be starving. We just ordered pizza or brought burgers and they came up and ate. There is a pool, but our coaches did not allow swimming but yours may so bring swim suits. In the 50's here most of the week so wasn't an option to swim anyway. Other than that just bring normal toiletries. Off topic but talk the parents into buying the photo package offered by the park. They do a fantastic job and you'll have 2000-3000 pics of the players by the end.
                Good stuff! You're at Allstar Village right?

Can't wait to get up there....should be a great time for the boys and my wife and I rented a house on a lake that has a canoe and fishing gear!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  State Championship this weekend and we get put in Katy again!! Sick of signing up at Baseball USA and getting moved all the way to Katy every time. I will be playing nations next year every tournament sick of the USSSA crap. They have gone down hill and play on junk fields the last couple years.
                  We got put out in Katy this weekend as well. Works out okay this time because my daughter has a softball tournament and they are playing in Katy as well.

However, for the last few Baseball USA tournaments, we have been stuck at the West Little York fields which are total crap.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                    Good stuff! You're at Allstar Village right?

Can't wait to get up there....should be a great time for the boys and my wife and I rented a house on a lake that has a canoe and fishing gear!
                    Yessir All-star village. Just finished the championship game and they'll be ready for the next group! You guys will have a great experience. Found alittle lake today called pine lake. $5 per day and they have Jon boats, canoes, and kayaks. Fishing was pretty decent. Check it out and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post
                      They have 2 fields now. It’s a bigger field 255’ in center. They just finished it in March or April I think the owner said. It’s immaculate. Our 7u team played on big field due to an 11u tournament that was there also with more teams. They didn’t want to move bases and mound constantly and it has lights. After every game they rake water re stripe everything. The fields are as nice as ranger stadium. Only problem with big field with 7/8u was if it got past outfielder it was a track meet and ended up with a home run almost every time. If we could play there every weekend we would
                      Definitely an amazing place. We played out there a few weeks ago.

Comment

Terrible news out of Triple Creek/McKinney this morning - Can't imagine ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          Terrible news out of Triple Creek/McKinney this morning - Can't imagine ...
                          ?

Comment

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post
                            ?
                            Father passed away during a storm when a tree fell on his car. His son was taking batting practice in the facility at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              Father passed away during a storm when a tree fell on his car. His son was taking batting practice in the facility at the time.
                              Dang that's terrible.

Prayers up for Family and team

Comment

Getting a fall select team started in Mckinney area, looking for 1-2 8yr,9yr old's . 1st year kid pitch. Bunch of good kids and parents that have been together since t-ball. Span over Van Alstyne , Mckinney, Allen.

Comment

Working...
                                X