Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSNBC poll : Do you agree with laws allowing teachers to carry concealed weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    This poll is laughable. No way just 13% agree with arming teachers. I bet the reverse is true.
    Call me crazy but when I took the initial poll....it was like 80% Agree????????

Comment

Is it zero yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Same when I took it

Comment

The poll must have made its way to California. You know they are in a different time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Yep, the very next morning after I posted this thread is went from 78% to 31% not even 12 hours later

I call BS

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              this is the most cynical and quite honestly offensive thing i've read on here in a while. my wife is a 20yr teacher and a ccl holder and she is one of the educators that you are generalizing about here and you couldn't be more wrong. its no different than any other thing that is regulated by the state. How safe do you feel with a million new 1yr old drivers taking the road every year? that's ok but to trust an adult that has qualified to carry a gun in their place of work isn't? I carry every day and i don't see it any different than if i were teaching, you treat the firearm and the responsibility that comes with it the same regardless of the setting.
              First, I support CCL holders carrying in school. That isn't what the President was suggesting. He suggested arming 20% of all teachers and paying them to do so. Let's just say 99 out of a 100 are savvy gun owners like you and your wife, and 1 is facing bankruptcy because of his crappy healthcare coverage, so he/she wants more money so he/she starts packing. That would be like 10,000 people that shouldn't be packing. Accidents will happen. And my point, which y'all keep missing, is that one accidental discharge or death from a teacher in a school would have massive blow back. you think there is outrage now? What do you think would happen if a teacher, one of the million or so the president is talking about being armed, has an accidental discharge that kills a student. Don't start quoting me lightning strike stats or car deaths or whatever. What do you think the public reaction would be to that type of tragedy?

Donny could have said "we should allow CCL teachers to carry in school," but he didn't.

And yes, a million 1 year old drivers would scare the cr$p at of me. I can't even get my 2 year old to stop crashing his trike.
              Last edited by cabo390; 02-28-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X