X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote locater call at dawn/dusk
    If dogs are inside high fence, adios fido
    Patrol high fence ft by ft ONCE, then monitor trouble spots every 2-3 days
    Predator control relentlessly. Coyotes WILL get inside the fence and have to be dispatched regularily

If you CAN'T do this yourself, find some predator calling friends

Comment

Snares in the holes of the fence. Track where the coyotes or dogs are going. If there is a regular trail they use bury a trap right where they step over a log or something. Make sure your trap has a good drag on it and the jaws don't quite close all the way. Let just enough blood to flow or a coyote will chew off a leg. Scent control is PARAMOUNT when dealing with coyotes.

If you had some old cyanide guns, those would be ideal. Good luck finding them. Haven't seen one since the 80s but they are heck on coyotes/dogs.

Comment

I trap wildlife for a living, I also have a small ranch under high fence. Trapping with a few different set ups will bring numbers down. You may catch a couple but you need to get good at trapping, not trying to say most people can't catch a tote in a trap but we all can learn something new. There is an art to getting a good set whether it be dirt hole, blind, fence posts or trail

Comment

How do Livestock Guardian Dogs do with the wildlife in HF? The Kangal for instance?

Comment

contact your local government trapper to assist with the control of the coyotes and bobcats . We use M44 cyanide guns along with snares and they help. The M44 baits if baited properly target canine species. What we don't kill with the M44's we catch in the snares, but this is only a band aid. You will need to hunt them (calling day and or night).

Comment

Sss

Comment

Originally posted by Brown County Man View Post
                Might call the extension office and see if there is a government trapper that can come set some traps.
                cyanide traps work great

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                  cyanide traps work great
                  What are these?

Comment

Conibear 330 set in a 5 gal bucket with wet dog food as bait

Comment

Originally posted by PURRKITTY View Post
                      How do Livestock Guardian Dogs do with the wildlife in HF? The Kangal for instance?
                      Never heard of a kangal. A quick search on the google and.....holy cow that is a large animal!!!

Comment

We had a grey fox kill a axis fawn on a hunt I was on a few weeks ago so shoot them too.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          What are these?
                          Gov. trappers use them it is a capsule that smells like meat when they bite it it releases cyanide

Comment

Guys thanks for all the replays and PMs. Many of the things you are suggesting I've been doing (traps, snares, calling with FoxPro, shooting) but it's not enough or I'm not good enough. I don't care which it is but I don't want it going on one more week. It's time to get really serious and stop them.

So this property is extremely thick wooded and thicket. There are almost no spots where you have time to shoot a coyote or dog if they come running through. You would literally have 2 seconds if not less. Also I'm only there on the weekends to I can't patrol the fence line every couple of days. It really ticks me off to know that these dogs have possibly been running down deer since I left there Sunday and I can't do squat about it!

So I need methods more like what some people have PMd me.

Also what is SSS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot
                              Shovel
                              Shut up

Comment

I think posting here is going to be wasting your time... you already know what you need to do-
                                I have done things im not proud of or will sit around and talk about but thats going with me to the grave

Comment

Working...
                                X