Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ozonics use at First point or brushy hill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozonics use at First point or brushy hill?

I have never used Ozonics. Wind always seems to be "iffy" on my setups at brushy hill. Has anyone used them there before? Wondering if the "odor" they emit will spook the deer there. Just about everything else does.

Never tried one. How loud are they?

Comment

From what I understand a low humm but it is consistent. I have heard people talk about the smell of ozone so not sure if it is strong enough to blow out those deer or not.

Comment

anyone tried them here

Comment

I have one, the ozone smell is the whole point of it. Masks your smell.

Comment

Having been to First Point, and just now starting to use the Ozonics, I would definitely take it and use it. You can hardly set up there without deer having access to your down wind side. Go for it and kill a good one !

Comment

I just got one and it seems to work pretty good. Sat my blind without it and got winded 3 times in one sit. Sat my wifes blind with the Ozonics and the wind behind blowing directly to the feeder and the deer never knew I was there. The noise is minimal and doesn't seem to bother them at all. I doubt they can even hear it. Ozone actually works by attaching an oxygen molecule to the odor molecule and destroying the smell leaving only the oxygen. It doesn't mask smell, it actually kills the odor, along with bacteria as well. I will be buying another one for my blind.

Comment

I just left first point.I used mine Sunday and had 2 doe's come out...I hunted the wind this morning and watched a spike for about 30 minute then missed a doe

Comment

The doe's that came out on Sunday were down wind

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    I have one, the ozone smell is the whole point of it. Masks your smell.
                    I'm not a 100% sure but I believe ozone destroys odors not mask it like a cover scent

Comment

Originally posted by Scott72 View Post
                      The doe's that came out on Sunday were down wind
                      sorry it was on Saturday evening the doe's came out down wind of me

Comment

First Point and Ozonics

I will be using one this year that's for sure. I know that Bo has one and uses it. so I got one and will be giving it a try.

Comment

I works very well have had deer walk in with bad wind and not get busted. I would recommend them. The noise that they make has not been an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
                            I will be using one this year that's for sure. I know that Bo has one and uses it. so I got one and will be giving it a try.
                            If Bo uses one then it must be ok.

Comment

There is no problem if you use it at First Point. I use mine all the time and it HAS helped. You cant go wrong......

Comment

Working...
                              X