And now, a word from our lobbyist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now, a word from our lobbyist

Went to an industry trade org luncheon today, and the organization's lobbyist presented on the expected progress of the primaries

Trump and Sanders expected to win NH

Fiorina, Bush, Carson, Christi, and Kasich expected to bow out after NH or the following primary after NH

Cruz, Rubio, Trump in it for the long haul. Trump and Cruz match up equally as well against Clinton. Rubio matches up best against Clinton.

Clinton not out of the woods yet with the FBI investigation and Sanders is poised to steal many states, like Texas, from her as he has been preparing for much longer. Clinton hasn't even ramped up her campaign in Texas and other states where Sanders has been at work for my months.

If Clinton has to bow out, the Dems will put someone else up. Dem establishment will not let Sanders continue unchallenged.

With the unexpected popularity of Trump and Sanders, for the first time in a very very long time, Texas will be very influential in the nomination of the candidates. Usually it is pretty well decided by the time Texas holds its primaries, but this year more than ever GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND GO VOTE!

Also at the state level the popularity of Trump and Sanders is an indication that state elections could be very difficult for incumbents. Both presidential candidates are drawing heavily on first time voters and anyone seen as current establishment by these voters could be voted against just because more so than on the candidate's performance or position on issues.

Clinton is scared of texas. Rubios votes are looking at Cruz again. Trump has all hes gonna get and Cruz would destroy him in a one on one.

I still think there is a wild card on the dem side. Wont be sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Clinton is scared of texas. Rubios votes are looking at Cruz again. Trump has all hes gonna get and Cruz would destroy him in a one on one.

I agree 100%. Cruz and Rubio split the votes that trump doesn't have. If either one dropped out, the other would crush trump. There aren't many votes that would leave Marco or teds camp and go to trump. He's got all the crazies support that he is gonna get.

I see Biden jumping in, LATE and getting the nod especially if Clinton has to drop out

Comment

Bloomberg?

DJ

Comment

I agree with the above. I think once Rubio or Ted backs out they'll drive Trump out. I'm pulling for Cruz as I strongly dislike Rubio. It'll be interesting to see if Clinton has the staying power. I agree Biden will get the nod if she has to drop out. I don't think Bloomberg is viable. He's well known in the Democrat circles but I don't think much is known about him by independents.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Agreed. If Rubio stays in all the way, which he probably will do, there may not be a single candidate with enough delegates to lock up the nomination. If not, then there will be a contested convention for the Republicans. Maybe for the Dems too if theirs stays close. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
              I agree 100%. Cruz and Rubio split the votes that trump doesn't have. If either one dropped out, the other would crush trump. There aren't many votes that would leave Marco or teds camp and go to trump. He's got all the crazies support that he is gonna get.

I see Biden jumping in, LATE and getting the nod especially if Clinton has to drop out

I was thinking biden or bloomberg coming in if hrc has to drop out.

Comment

Stossel had a pretty scary show on the other nite...he was going into the polls, etc and who was on top only to fall by the way side.

He said the best way to guess who is going to win potus is with the political betters / bookies...and from what I caught?? Right now it looks like the gamblers (who have WAYYY out predicted the polls)

...we get the wicked witch as of that airing.

Comment

When 42% of voters identify as Independents things could get interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X