Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowwiz 3D shoot

Loneaggie.

Sorry for not answering on the original thread but for some reason I closed it and I cannot get back in to reply.

There will be the regular classes but no awards. This is a fun shoot to help a fellow archer - Wiz.

So, all you need to bring is one long stix (with or without wheels), and one short stix (unless you are like me and lose 1 or 2, or 4 or 5).

Following is an updated announcement of the shoot. It will change as more donations are received. Also, I am just helping Steve so the names I get are not always accurate.

See everyone the 28th. Thanks

BOWWIZ 3-D shoot, updated

BOWWIZ
    3 - D ARCHERY SHOOT

SUNDAY - JANUARY 28, 2007 SHOTGUN START 10:00am

HILL COUNTRY BOWHUNTERS ASSOCIATION Northwest of Austin, Texas
    Intersection of highways 183 and 29 (From I-35, turn West on 29 go to 183)
    map at www.hillcountrybowhunters.com click EVENTS

Bowwiz Relief Fund - David and Missy Lynch HCB's way of saying thanks.

ACTIVITIES
    3-D SHOOT. This is a fun shoot to help a fellow archer. No awards will be given.
    RAFFLE
    AUCTION
    SPORTS GARAGE SALE
    FOOD

PARTIAL LIST OF DONATED ITEMS, more coming in all the time:
    Archery Country - PSE bow package
    HCR game feeder
    K.C. Design - Taxidermy shoulder mount
    4-D Outfitters sow meat hunt
    Double G Ground Max pop-up blind
    K.C. Design - Taxidermy skull mount
    Hawglite company, 2 Hawglites
    Double G Hip block target
    LSBA membership, T shirt and buckle
    Red Hilliard - Mongoose 21 sp. bicycle
    Two traditional hunting bows
    Sportsman Warehouse, 1 doz. axis arrows
    Sportsman Warehouse, Montec broadheads
    Sportsman Warehouse, Sims limbsaver stabilizer

SPORTING GOODS GARAGE SALE
    Everyone has items laying around not being used. DONATIONS ACCEPTED. Please bring any new/used archery or sporting items (or anything else) to the shoot. All items are donated, NO consignments.

We would like to see David and Missy use the money for something fun - a vacation or a cruise, but we understand they are going to do something foolish with it - like paying the rent and hospital bills. Either way, thanks Wiz.

Comment

additional donations

Additional donations to Bowwiz shoot - Sunday January 28, 2007 start time 10:00am.

Jeff Sanderson - Custom duck, goose, deer - predator calls.

Centex Hunts - 2 day hunt - archery, 1 buck, 3 does, unlimited varmints.

Thanks everyone. HCB.

Comment

ok now I have a question...what the heck is a class? I am bringing the bow I hunt with..I just wanted to go have fun & support Wiz & now yall want to school me??This will be my first 3D & I learned I cant even bring my range finder.

Comment

Just bring your bow Bro! I've learned alittle bit about shooting 3-D,i'll be more than Happy to show ya!

Comment

BustedAssRanch,

This is a fun shoot. Bring anything or anyone you want.

Because there are no awards given out you compete against yourself, and your group only.

The classes apply to regular 3-D tournaments, but are used on a fun shoot so you can determine the distance you want to practice.

About the only restriction we have is NO BROADHEADS, they tear up the targets. Otherwise as long as it is safe and not insulting to anyone - anything goes. The idea is to practice and have fun while supporting a good cause.

We will have people available to help, answer any questions, and if you want - go with you.

Thanks, Don Ferguson

Comment

Great point DF on NO BROADHEADS!

Comment

Originally posted by ferg620 View Post
                Otherwise as long as it is safe and not insulting to anyone - anything goes.
                Well I do safe pretty good

Comment

Kevin,you can shoot with me and i'll guide ya thru the shoot.Its going to be a fun shoot nothing really hard to shoot.Most of the serious 3-D shooters ain't really ready with the deer season ending...I bet most shots are under 30 yards for Men Bowhunter Release class this shoot.
                  I'll explain all the in's and Out's of 3-D while your helping me get around the course in my wheelchair!

Comment

Donations update for Bowwiz shoot:

Bill Payne - Gorilla climbing stand.
                    Austin Archery Club - Two Talk About Motorola radios.
                    Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Polo - hand made quilt.

Thanks everyone, HCB

Comment

Hey Kevin, I have never shot 3D either and I plan on giving it a whirl. Heck, it might be us Kyle boys that school them!

Comment

Wiz, I still haven't gotten around to registering on HCB again but was wondering if a headcount has been taken for this thing.

I think this shoot may be of historic proportions and I'm wondering if the shooting window needs to be opened earlier?

Comment

Good question Tommy,i'm not running this shoot,i know in the past we handled 242 shooters at 1 time during the North Vs South shoot.I don't think we will see 242 shooters for this event-but,i have been wrong many times....

Comment

wiz, ithink we might give that 242 a run for its money

Comment

I hope 242 happens at around 11 am!!! and I hope i shoot better than 242!! This is gonna be great, and Wiz, if you cant find anyone to volunteer toroll you around, look me up!! Be glad to!!

Comment

Working...
                              X