Important Mesquite Archery Club Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Mesquite Archery Club Notice

Attention Club Members and Members of our extended archery family.
    Effective August 1st the Mesquite Archery Club will be closed at its present location.
    Our last Club shoot will be July 17. We would like to invite everyone out to celebrate and have a go at the course one more time.
    Our last Tuesday night shoot will be July 26th.
    Over the past 5 yrs property values have risen 1600 percent putting a large tax burden on the current owner. This has forced him to seek out other options for the property.
    We are currently seeking out a new location and plan on being back up and running as soon as possible.
    That being said If anyone knows of a land owner that would be willing to lease out a suitable property please forward that information. It is our goal to remain in the south or south east Dallas County area. We can be contacted thru our web site, www.MesquiteArcheryClub.com, Or I can be caontacted thru PM on this site or called at 972-743-9283.

Tim Wagner
    V.P. Mesquite Archery Club

Sorry to hear of the club closing but it was inevitable with that location. Hopefully someone will step up and come up with a suitable location with a long term affordable lease. It would not hurt my feelings if it were to be relocated closer to Forney/Terrell area! Good luck!

Donnie

Comment

This is a very sad deal to hear. But, like Buckrider said, it was just a matter of time. A lot of good times have been had at MAC and good luck on finding a new location.

Comment

Sorry to hear.
        Good luck finding a new location.

Comment

Sorry to get this news. I hope you will find some place quickly and with as few problems as possible.

Comment

I never want to hear news of a club losing its lease or going under. i hope y'all find a new place soon.

Bisch

Comment

That's to bad Tim! Been there (in that gen area) a long long time! Good luck!

Comment

Yikes, Tim, I sure hate to hear that! Good luck in your search for a new home! As things evolve, if there is anything Texins Archery Club can do to help out (storage, place for your members to shoot, etc) just let me know.........

Bob Barnette

Comment

Oh no, I miss one Tuesday and look what happens. Tim, I'll see you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rgb View Post
                    Yikes, Tim, I sure hate to hear that! Good luck in your search for a new home! As things evolve, if there is anything Texins Archery Club can do to help out (storage, place for your members to shoot, etc) just let me know.........

Bob Barnette
                    Thanks alot for the offer Bob. You know Texin(TI) and Mesquite went down this road together many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
                      Oh no, I miss one Tuesday and look what happens. Tim, I'll see you soon.
                      Yes! Ron It is all your fault. Oh! By the way you were voted in as President last night. So you may want to get up to speed on this deal.

Comment

Tracy and I are very sorry to hear this. We knew it was probably going to happen but we were hoping for the best.

I shot my first round of 3D at Mesquite with Fay Frigon. I was an officer there for several years. I learned how to run 3D events there. Tracy shot her first round of 3D there. Lots of history and lots of friends at Mesquite.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, I enjoyed shooting there when I could make it up there.. Hope y'all find a new place soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
                            Yes! Ron It is all your fault. Oh! By the way you were voted in as President last night. So you may want to get up to speed on this deal.
                            Just what the world needs, another inexperienced president.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this turn of events. Wishing you all the luck in finding a new place quickly. Maybe someplace with a little less wind..............LOL! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X