Adobe Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Questions

I've been reading through some of the photo editing software threads and had some questions. I'm wanting to start shooting some RAW photos and was looking for something more advanced than the Canon software. I think that the best choice will be Lightroom but need some opinions on this. I was wondering though, what is the main difference between LR and Elements? Also, do either of these have the more in depth tools that PS has that allow you to clean up a pic? Lastly, can you buy just PS without having to buy the entire Creative Suite package? (I used to have CS3 but lost it with a crash)

I have both Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5. Every photo I shoot gets processed in Lightroom. Less than 5% require work in Photoshop that I'm unable do in Lightroom. If you, or a family member are in school, you can get an incredible student discount on both Adobe products.

Comment

Oh! I thought you was talking about "Adobe" bricks? Your actual topic is much easier than making "Adobe", sothwestern style projects. C'ya

Comment

Hi, Aggiehunter.

I recently switched to LR3 from Aperture 3 and the more I use LR, the more I love it! I've also started to play around with presets which can be fun. I've attached a few photos. I believe you can download a trial of LR3...being LR4 is about to release, I've seen deals for it.

Jennifer

seventytwoacres, on Flickr

Untitled by seventytwoacres, on Flickr

Untitled by seventytwoacres, on Flickr

hognose snake by seventytwoacres, on Flickr

Comment

So I bought a 60D a few months ago and finally have some time to start learning it. I would like to find some decent photo software to start organizing the images and do some editing. I think I can use Lightroom 3 to meet all my needs but have never actually used the program. I don't mind buying the full on photoshop, but for an interested hobbyist I can't find enough useful function to justify the price difference. I've found LR3 for around $75. Any thoughts?

Comment

LR3 will do 90+% of what you need to be able to do. Just make sure to shoot in RAW format in order to take advantage of what the program can do for you.
            LR3 is also pretty intuitive and there are a lot of tutorials out there on the internet that you should also look at when getting started.

Comment

Save yourself a lot of time researching and debating back and forth. Just get Lightroom. It's the best for photography, hands down. You might need Photoshop occasionally if you really want to do some heavy lifting, but even then you won't need Ps very often. I might us Ps in 1 out of 300-500 pics. And when I do use Ps, I run the RAW file through Lr first and just do some specialized little something or other in Ps.

Comment

I kind of thought that was the answer. Thanks for the information guys. Things sure have changed since I retired the AE-1.

Comment

Working...
                X