No announcement yet.

King Obama has spoken..... cops get the blame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said some things that I wish I had left unsaid. Stupid things, vile things and things that were completely out of character. In truth, ALL of those things were posted when I had overindulged. A product of vodka, gin, scotch and beer
    Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Someone likes to hear themself type.

But definitely an E for Effort. Welcome to the fire.

We're all guilty.

Comment

It takes all stripes. Welcome to the fire.
        Thanks for your service to this country.
        You're not a mirror of me, but I'll accept you. (FWTHTW)

BTW, I do hate abortion/murder, obama and both clintons. I'm disappointed in some of the choices Mr Bush made, but his goal wasn't to destroy this country.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
            Perhaps you're right; I could be on the wrong forum. Or perhaps you're wrong. And this reply is not in defense of what I said, it's about whether or not I should even stop by just to pass a little time. Hell, should the bulk of the membership want me to be someplace else, I can do that without even a glance at the rearview mirror. But it won't be Facebook, I don't do Facebook.

Qualifications?

I'm approaching my 70th birthday and my doctor tells me I'll make it if my poor driving doesn't get me killed. So your term "son" is a complete misnomer.

I'm a college graduate, although it took nine years to accomplish the - at times, almost overwhelming endeavor. I worked my way through, with some help through student loans - all repaid probably before you were born.

I'm still working because I choose to continue to work. You see, I'm paid real good money. I pay more in taxes each year than most households earn, and I report every dime of it. Never an audit, never will be one. I don't claim false deductions.

And I love money; money makes life so simple, easy and comfortable.

Moving on along; I've never been out of work, never received so much as one unemployment check, never subsidized in any way. And I've been in the work force since I was sixteen.

I'm an old bachelor because I choose to be. I tried marriage twice and I didn't like it very much. My first marriage almost nineteen years; the second, a little over ten years. I do what I want to do and I don't do things that I don't want to do. Not once - in either marriage, did it occur to me to ask permission or apologize for anything that I wanted to do or choose to buy. Selfish? Yeah. But never dishonest. Some men and some women aren't designed for marriage. I'm one of them.

Oops, went off on a tangent. I'm a Christian, raised Baptist, now Catholic by choice. Which, in some minds, negates my Christianity. One member wants to shoot the Pope in the head with a load of buckshot. As I recall, I'm the only member that took him to task for his evil comment.

I get up at 4 AM every morning, leave for work at 5:30, return home at 6 PM each evening. I don't call in sick unless I'm really, really sick. My credit score is 837. And I'm a devoted Rangers fan. I'll slow down to allow a driver to change lanes if they signal; I don't honk my horn if the lady in front of me dawdles with her makeup or cell phone when the light changes to green.

I'm a veteran. US Army, November 1965 through 1971, six years and I wasn't drafted, I enlisted. A dangerous time, a thing going on in Southeast Asia. I don't go into that because I don't like to talk about it and I won't.

I registered with TBH because I've been an outdoorsman all my life. Got my first gun when I was five years old; a little Stevens "Crackshot" My first shotgun was a Stevens Model 311 20 gauge. Started fishing, probably around the age of three. I killed my first deer when I was eleven; killed him with a borrowed Winchester Model 97 16 gauge hammer pump with ought buckshot. The shotgun was taller than I was and I jammed it attempting to pump another shell into the chamber.

Since then, I've killed deer in four states, with both firearms and with a bow. I successfully pursued waterfowl for the better part of twenty years. I've killed more quail in a three-day weekend that most people will kill in their lifetime. Over dogs I trained. Nobody ever shot over one of my dogs that didn't ask if the dog was for sale. I shot skeet and trap competitively throughout the 70's and into the early 80's. Worked my way up the AA class in both. Won a little money, but not nearly as much as I spent. I'm a lifetime NRA member. Caught fish in the Gulf of Mexico many times and I've been to the Boundary Waters of Ontario twice, both ten day trips; smallmouths, walleyes and northern pike. And who know how many creeks, rivers and lakes between? I've still many questions to ask and a few questions to answer.

All of the above qualifies me to say something from time to time. I think.

Now; why not?

I've said some things that I wish I had left unsaid. Stupid things, vile things and things that were completely out of character. In truth, ALL of those things were posted when I had overindulged. A product of vodka, gin, scotch and beer. I don't drink much anymore, primarily because I don't like myself very much either afterward.

The right is too far right for me and the left is too far left. I don't know what I am, nor do I care. Life's experiences have molded me into who I am; for better or for worse.

I don't hate Obama, I don't hate Hillary, I don't hate Democrats and I don't hate Republicans and I'm not going to. Although, I personally oppose abortion, I'm pro-choice. That's between the woman and God. I'm not qualified to arbitrate such matters. I'm opposed to the death penalty. I don't have a problem with killing people that need to be killed. But the system is imperfect; innocent people are - in fact - executed. Documentation supports the fact. I think that gambling, prostitution and drugs should be decriminalized, regulated and taxed. They are going to go on anyway and nothing, nobody can put an end to them. How'd Prohibition work out?

I'm not homophobic, I don't care what whom does with whom unless they do it in the streets and scare the horses. I neither oppose or support gay marriage. Again, that's God's job to pass judgment. I don't care who goes into which bathroom as long as they don't look over the stall and mention that my peepee sure is little.

I'm not a prejudiced man, I've never been and I never will be. Nothing can change that. There are good people and bad people of all nationalities and races. Treat me right and I treat you right. And I was alive and cognizant before integration was even a thought in America.

When Dubya left office, my investments had shrunk to less than half of what I had contributed. Gas was four dollars a gallon. 911 happened on his watch. Need I mention "Mission Accomplished" with Iraq? As I type this far too long reply, my investments have doubled and gas is around $2.00 / gallon. I have a job and I have insurance and I'm real comfortable under the present administration.

Morals ain't the government's business. God's business. Terrorism and murders and all the recent and past tragedies, there are no conclusive answers. I pray that there are answers, though I'm doubtful. The Book of Revelations tells us how it all ends. Just not exactly when.

Indescribably horrible last night in Dallas. My heart goes out to the fallen heroes families. Words fail me...

I've said too much and possibly nothing of value. I'm certain that I will be labeled as a "liberal" and most will take up arms and howl that I should be banned. So be it. I'm not married to the "green screen", it does not affect my life in any manner. I've come to terms with myself in my declining years and I'm okay with me. I'm a reasonable man and I'm a compassionate man and I'm the man that I know best. My children and my grandchildren love me and respect me. I can't ask for more than that.

I don't take back anything I said in my original post and I never will.

Not proofed and no replies beyond this one. God Bless...

Bob Lee

[emoji1490][emoji1474]

Comment

Seeing that boblee won't respond to anymore quotes is not a bad thing. xbow and jer_james can fill in!

Comment

Working...
              X