Grizzly Stik Samurai or Bear Razorhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly Stik Samurai or Bear Razorhead?

Looking to thin the herd of broadheads I have laying around and it's come down to keeping either my 150g Grizzly Stik Samurai or Fred Bear Razorheads of variable weights.

Pros of Samurai are that they are exactly 150g, uber sharp out of the package, single beveled and tanto pointed. Con is that there is a little screw holding the thing together and I don't know if that's a fail point or not.

Pros of the Bear... well it's a Bear Razorhead, honestly you don't need to say much more than that. Cons as far s I can tell is they all vary in weight a bit, not so much that someone like me will notice a difference in flight but still. I've been able to get them shaving sharp but dang it takes a while. They are the glue on ones so I've had to put inserts in them.

If you were in this spot which would you sell? Keep in mind I paid only 39.95 for the Samurai as they were on sale. The Razorheads came on arrows that came with a spring arm quiver that I purchased. That reminds me that I need to sell that quiver also. Either way I'm not too deep $$ into either set.

I'm trying to gather funds for some new shafts and figured I'd get rid of some things I don't need.

Richard.

Keep them all. You have a lot of hunting years ahead of you.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Richard,

Take my opinion for what it is worth... but I think you gotta stop focusing on trading stuff around like baseball cards... and go play baseball. You have a couple options that are proven killers... so figure out how to go use them. You got them, go use them. Figure out for yourself what works, by trying them out.

Instead of saving up for some shafts... or another bow... or another string... save up for a $200 pig hunt and get out there and try your hand and at killing stuff and putting some meat in the freezer.

If you are not going to focus on hunting... then sell em both. You only need broadheads if you are going to try and kill something.

Comment

I like horse trading. Good advice though.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Richard,

Take my opinion for what it is worth... but I think you gotta stop focusing on trading stuff around like baseball cards... and go play baseball. You have a couple options that are proven killers... so figure out how to go use them. You got them, go use them. Figure out for yourself what works, by trying them out.

Instead of saving up for some shafts... or another bow... or another string... save up for a $200 pig hunt and get out there and try your hand and at killing stuff and putting some meat in the freezer.

If you are not going to focus on hunting... then sell em both. You only need broadheads if you are going to try and kill something.
          Wise words.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
            I like horse trading. Good advice though.

Richard.
            Horse trading is one thing.

I know guys who buy and sell rifles. Something catches their fancy and the drop coin. They work up loads and go to the range. Then something else catches their eye and they try to sell off what they worked hard for and at to find the next latest and greatest. In the end I see that most folks like that end up with one thing in common. Wishing they had not traded off one or two of the guns and regretting the time and money spent. Except of course for the ones with plenty of disposable income.

I can tell you from personal experience that in the end you end up with guns and bows that feel right and shoot where you point.

You can do what you want but if I could get back the thousands and thousands I spent on bad's boats and fishing gear I could high fence my whole ranch.

Comment

I've shot Razorheads built up to 200 grains (75 grain steel adapter) at every critter I can for the last 10 years. I make the point a little more "chiseled" but that's all, no bleeders just 2 shaving sharp blades. I've yet to not pass through a single pig or deer but a #200 boar is about the biggest I've shot.

The main reason I use the Razorheads is that I was given about 2 dozen by a man I greatly admired who is no longer with us and it's a way to bring him on every hunt with me.

Comment

They are great heads. I have the last of mine to a buddy years ago. But they were 100 grain heads. I killed a 123 inch whitetail with one many years ago. He ran 80 yards. Zero blood trail the first 50. The where he dropped it was a bloody mess. Last time I usee them.

Comment

Working...
                X