We’re gonna have a Rat killin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long day of class and driving yesterday so I slept in through hunting this morning and woke up at daylight to the sound of creepy little mouse feet somewhere.
    I know there have been posts, some old and many about vehicles, but does anyone have any new advice on getting rid of and keeping mice out of the DL camper that we eat, sleep, and play in? We have curious little kids, a dog, and any version of live or dead snake is a no go, another great reason they need to die. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppermint oil. Safe, smells good and works as a repellent.

Comment

Tractor supply sells something in a bag that is a deterrent, I’ve had good luck with it, can’t remember name they come in little mesh bags

Comment

You’ve got to kill them man. Get online and order some Tom Cat liquid poison and put it in some chick waterers where the pooch can’t get to it. You have to have the liquid, the little bars just don’t work!

Then, get under your camper with some steel wool and a can of expanding foam. Any hole you see, shove some steel wool in it and then foam it.

Between these two things I have yet to have a mouse or even sign of one in my camper in years. Nobody else on my lease can say that. I hate those things!!!

Comment

Get you a 2 inch in diameter steel pipe 4-5 feet long, place it outside under your camper, and fill it with the green tomcat blocks from TC .

Comment

Oops, fat finger, TS (tractor supply) not TC

Comment

Don't leave ANY food in the camper that mices like to eat: cookies, chips, bread, etc. Nothing but canned food. Starve them, and they won't stay. Poison for the little bastages that are stubborn!!!

Comment

I would seal up your trailer as best possible, on the underside and anywhere, they can get in. Then don't leave food or food smell in the trailer. Clean it up good inside with strong cleaners, such as Clorox, anywhere they has been food.

Comment

I run bailing wire through the hole in tomcat ( so they can’t drag it off) and hang in mouse spots
                  Turn off the water in the trailer and drain to prevent a water source

Comment

If you have electricity get those plug in mouse deterrent things...they absolutely work.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      You’ve got to kill them man. Get online and order some Tom Cat liquid poison and put it in some chick waterers where the pooch can’t get to it. You have to have the liquid, the little bars just don’t work!

Then, get under your camper with some steel wool and a can of expanding foam. Any hole you see, shove some steel wool in it and then foam it.

Between these two things I have yet to have a mouse or even sign of one in my camper in years. Nobody else on my lease can say that. I hate those things!!!

Sounds like a job for my dear sweet husband. They’ve found the tomcat poison bag, and already eaten through and into it.

Last edited by JewellHuntress; 10-20-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

It is a multi-faceted war, fought on many fronts. Very good info so far. This is our program.

1. Seal EVERYTHING under that trailer. Steel wool and anti vermin expanding foam.

2. Kill EVERYTHING. Make your camper a bad option for shelter. We weedeat and mow around everything in camp as far out as possible, spray around/under all campers with round up twice a year, and keep rat bait out. I soak some bars in syrup and put out when we leave on Sunday, never had any trouble with the dogs that are in camp regularly.

3. Deter EVERYTHING. Ultrasonic pest repellers are worth their weight. We also use traps while we are there. We also have a tall plastic trash can under the edge of an outside table...leave scraps in the bottom, when you come back there will be dead mice in it. Leave no liner in it or they will crawl out. Peppermint oil seems to help some. We also broadcast insect killer all over camp in spring and summer.

4. We have been known to bait them in a safe spot and shoot them with rat shot in a .22revolver...this is more for fun than extermination.

Comment

Get an Electric Trap from Lowes. It works!!

Comment

If you can spend a little more up front look at FasTrac Blox. It is a single feed quick acting poison used by a lot of pro exterminators. It comes in 4 pound pails so is a little more expensive. Mice and rats will eat it and ignore the green Tomcat bait at my place. It's very toxic and no real antidote so I use enclosed bait stations to keep it away from pets. Most of the diy pest control places online sell it and the bait boxes.

Comment

for some, poison isnt the best option. kids and pets can get it and then there is secondary poison from the dead/dying mouse being eaten. keep the grass short and put up an owl house. i also have a couple cats that i take with me when i go and they really do a number on the rats

Comment

Working...
                              X