Wife's First Axis Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's First Axis Buck

Back in August at the TTHA in Ft. Worth we ran into Scott Huggins with Adventures Missions & Retreats. They have Christian Based Hunting Lease. We signed up for hunting with him this year. Stands are set feeders filled they have nice lodge's with great food. All we had to do was reserve our dates and show up to hunt. With work Holidays among other this we didn't make it to the ranch until Jan.
    We loaded up the pickup with all of our gear and headed to Menard. We arrived on Wednesday the 24th. Got settled in and headed to the stand. First night we only saw a lot of WT does & small bucks no shooters. Some bucks had already dropped their antlers. We got back to the house & met the other hunters then had dinner.
    My wife had a dream that night that she saw 3 big bucks coming up to the feeder. Then she woke up. We get to the stand @ 6 am the next morning it was 25* in an open top stand with expanded metal for the floor. I brought some extra blankets to put on the floor & fired up the heater for the wife. The feeder went off @ 7:30. I was looking around & the wife had got up from being hunkered down by the heater to stay warm. She was getting a drink of her coffee when she started choking. I looked at her & said what's wrong! She started pointing behind the feeder & said "Big Bucks". The big Axis bucks were coming to the feeder. Two were in velvet & 1 was hard horned. This is when buck fever hit her. She told me "Chris I have to get my sh*t together" it was classic.
    We picked out the largest Buck and she got her custom 7mm-08 made by Alamo Precision Rifle. She put him down with one shot. She was so excited. I get so much enjoyment seeing her when she harvests game animal.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2510.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	25138953
    One side measured 33.5 and the the other 34.25. So proud of her.

Great Hunt!!

Comment

Where do y’all hunt in menard? Great axis!

Comment

Congratulations! What a beautiful trophy!

Comment

that's a giant, he's going to look huge on the wall

Comment

It was on a ranch 9.5 miles west of Menard. Forgot to add this was free range axis.

Comment

Nice, congrats

Comment

Beautiful axis with everything you would want. Velvet is just about done and ready to rub out. Shot mine last year in early may and he could be this deer’s twin, almost exactly same measurements. Congrats to her!

Comment

Wow! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a biggun! Congrats to her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment