No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb ? What market do you buy ripple on bittrex? Never bought stocks before.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
      Dumb ? What market do you buy ripple on bittrex? Never bought stocks before.
      most exchanges trade against bitcoin or ethereum. so it would be BTC/XRP or eth/xrp

usdt is another market and usdt is a stable token used as the dollar.

why all the interest in ripple?

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
        Bittrex.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Can you explain why Ripple is a good buy? If it is. I'm new to the crypto stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

why all the interest in ripple?[/QUOTE]

No idea other than the internet says it may be the next hot on. I figure $100 investment could turn into retirement or losing $100.

Comment

most exchanges trade against bitcoin or ethereum. so it would be BTC/XRP or eth/xrp

usdt is another market and usdt is a stable token used as the dollar.

why all the interest in ripple?
            Is that why bitcoin and ethereum are so high now? Because it goes through them.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
              Can you explain why Ripple is a good buy? If it is. I'm new to the crypto stuff.

Originally posted by brysdad View Post

No idea other than the internet says it may be the next hot on. I figure $100 investment could turn into retirement or losing $100.
              i dont like it. it has an enormous supply and its not decentralized. besides being centralized it would take an insane amount of money into it to move the price much. (supply/demand)
              The major banks havent even answered the door when they come knocking. They are all doing their own thing.

Comment

i dont like it. it has an enormous supply and its not decentralized. besides being centralized it would take an insane amount of money into it to move the price much. (supply/demand)
                The major banks havent even answered the door when they come knocking. They are all doing their own thing.
                So are you most confident in Bitcoin right now? Gut would tell me it's very unstable

Comment

This is so dumb. Wish I'd been dumb enough to buy some early

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                    So are you most confident in Bitcoin right now? Gut would tell me it's very unstable

i dont have much money in btc right now. i trade alt coins mainly which i do eventually convert back to btc. i also buy coins that multiply themselves just for holding them. kind of like stock dividends.

im a firm believer btc will continue to rise. i called 10k before year end back when it was 2k. many people much smarter than i say it will be 500k to 1M within 2-5 years.

its not as easy as that though.... i dont think the current bitcoin core will be what we call bitcoin even 12 months from now. i think it will fork and implement new tech to speed it up and make it faster etc. maybe one of the current forks will rise. (bitcoin cash maybe?) so if its not a current fork that rises... then every time it does fork and you get that " free money" you need to hold all version of the bitcoin forks as well as the core and not sell. if a current fork is the one to rise, then btc core will devalue as the money and the miners move over.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                      Is that why bitcoin and ethereum are so high now? Because it goes through them.
                      no, what you are seeing is a ton of new money coming into the market.

just wait until the institutional money comes in....its starting to.

Comment

I had no knowledge about this until I saw this post a watched a couple videos.
                        My concern is how will they keep the Gum'nt from getting their greedy fingers in this?
                        Anything they can't tax or regulate must not be allowed to stand.
                        Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                          I had no knowledge about this until I saw this post a watched a couple videos.
                          My concern is how will they keep the Gum'nt from getting their greedy fingers in this?
                          Anything they can't tax or regulate must not be allowed to stand.
                          Am I wrong?
                          I’ve got the same concerns. The government will get theirs, one way or another. I’ve heard that since bitcoins are traceable, the government can find out who owns them, and then can track that. Hence, if you make money on them, you need to file it on your taxes as capital gains. Just from what I’ve read, but I am by no means an expert

Comment

Ok folks, been following this thread and checked several crypto prices over the last 4 days, some have gained and some have lost. Not very involved in stocks and trading, so could someone lay out a step by step process to start investing in cryptos.

Comment

i dont have much money in btc right now. i trade alt coins mainly which i do eventually convert back to btc. i also buy coins that multiply themselves just for holding them. kind of like stock dividends.

im a firm believer btc will continue to rise. i called 10k before year end back when it was 2k. many people much smarter than i say it will be 500k to 1M within 2-5 years.

its not as easy as that though.... i dont think the current bitcoin core will be what we call bitcoin even 12 months from now. i think it will fork and implement new tech to speed it up and make it faster etc. maybe one of the current forks will rise. (bitcoin cash maybe?) so if its not a current fork that rises... then every time it does fork and you get that " free money" you need to hold all version of the bitcoin forks as well as the core and not sell. if a current fork is the one to rise, then btc core will devalue as the money and the miners move over.
                              I want to start tinkering with alt coins but need to do more research.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                                I want to start tinkering with alt coins but need to do more research.
                                research is for wimps!!!!
                                I watched Wall Street last night..... i'm gonna be a billionaire by lunch today.

Comment

Working...
                                X