Thermacell fix #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell fix #2

Someone else posted up a few weeks ago about cleaning the lighting element inside your thermacell to get it to light when it's not starting or rarely will start. That may be your problem but ....
    IF IT'S NOT, you can try this and it will probably work for you.

Over a little bit of use the small spring (not the larger one) inside of the units that press the white plastic into the butane bottle get worn. You can remove the large pin to get to the small one. Take out the small pin and stretch it out a little bit.

Replace the pin and all screws and it should light right up. You can screw the white engaging unit back down and leave the back off to put in a butane bottle and test it. Just push the silver sliding mechanism up and you'll here the butane come out, then click the button to test.

If you get stuck, youtube is your friend or pm me and I can text you a pic of the insides.

KAM!! or KAMM (kill a million mosquitos)

Was able to post from phone..
    Attached Files

Comment

Cool!

What was fix #1?

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
        Cool!

What was fix #1?
        The suggestion was to pull the black wire out and clean of the wire tip that ignites

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Cool!

What was fix #1?
          The suggestion was to pull the black wire out and clean off the wire tip that ignites

Comment

Good info.... Thanks

Comment

Ignition Button

Mine won't light because the ignition button won't work. You push it and it doesn't pop any more. I guess I need to open it up and see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                Mine won't light because the ignition button won't work. You push it and it doesn't pop any more. I guess I need to open it up and see what I can do.

Fix #3 n the making

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  It's possible the button isn't lined up with the"popper" or it's a bad popper and may not be fixable. That's technical jargon of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X