Dirt Knap Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt Knap Broadheads

Has anyone ever used these with their traditional gear? Just curious. A friend of mine uses them with his compound, and has had very good results. I'd like to try these and the Steel Force Traditional single bevel heads this year. However, before spending a lot of coin on a pack I'd like to know how they shoot. At least with the DRT heads, you can order a single for testing.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Medicineman7 has used the DRT heads! I don't have any experience with either of the 2 you are looking at.

Comment

I'm using them this year, good looking heads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to switch to them last season until I tried them. My buddy shoots these. He groups fine at around 20 yards. Anything past that, they started hitting more to the left. So he let me try them on my arrows and with same results. They do not group well past 20 yards, at least for me they didn't.

Comment

They are hit and miss. When they work right, they are absolutely deadly. My brother in law used them on a trip to africa with his compound. Killed several animals with no damaged heads.
          Fast forward to this last deer season, his wife used the same DRT's for whitetail on her 45ish pound mathews jewel. She had a quartering away shot on a great buck. From what we gathered the arrow hit a rib on entrance and ricocheted outward into his shoulder missing any vitals. The head impacted his shoulder bone and bent like a banana. This all happened out of a bow set at 45 lbs, so its plausible with trad gear at lower poundage as well.

My wife used a DRT a few weeks ago on her ram. She was shooting 47lbs with a chill SDX and head passed through on a quartering away shot but the arrow was still stuck in the cavity. He went down in seconds.
          I was actually debating on these with the 25 grain collar or a magnus stinger for my first hunt with my recurve this year.

It also helps that the DRT's come with a lifetime warranty. You bend or break it, ship it back for a brand new one.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post

It also helps that the DRT's come with a lifetime warranty. You bend or break it, ship it back for a brand new one.
            If this were true I'd trade myself in for a new one in a heartbeat. I'm sure broken and bent. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL^^ Perfect.

Comment

You'll need that warranty. I've never had any of there double bevel fair well after being shot. Tips curl and blades dent. The replacement policy is pretty fair. Though you do have to mail them to them and the ones you get in return are not new. They seem to be reground and pretty dull. I've even had them send me deep six broadheads back then having to do the whole exchange process again. The few I have left eye only use them for rabbits or just varmints now

Comment

I've shot them out of my longbows and my compound with great results. I will say the heads are not flawless though. I was checking to make sure that they flew good from my compound and was consistently grouping left with them a couple inches. Went thru and had it tuned up and all that mess that compounds bring, still shot left. Had a guy watch me shoot and figured out I was "torquing" my hand just slightly causing my left hits. After I adjusted a bit, they flew perfectly from 10 to 60 yards.

From my stickbows, zero issues. Fly great and leave great blood trails.

I've had a couple them at the bleeder blades have bent up after going thru a critter and one that the ferrel bent after passing thru and hitting some rocks. But, with their warranty, I just sent them in and had a new set sent back to me a week later.

The one thing that has impressed me more than anything is their costumer service. I've never had anything sent to me from a company with a HAND WRITTEN thank you note saying "good luck and thanks for your business!". That's goes a long way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't tried them, but if you want a 100% one piece single bevel that comes to you sharp, try Cutthroats out of Wheat Ridge, CO. I have shot 6 critters with one head and done nothing but sharpen it again. Not the cheapest, but small business owners and true trad guys.

Traditional archery supplies, hunting supplies, target archery, archery supplies, compound archery

The Grizzly broadheads are good single bevels too, that are a lot cheaper. But welded and dull as heck from the factory.

Call them, ask for Danny, Tommy or Tom Sr. Tell them Trevor sent you! Heck, they may send you in a totally different direction, but if you want a single bevel that is as solid as they come and has 100% lifetime warranty that isn't $100 for 3, they are tough to beat.

877-843-5559 is the number at the shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X