• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They love this thing!

Comment

All sounds good. Gonna try

Comment

I started using this cap. I found it easier to open. And half the price of the other cap.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by maverick18; 02-06-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick18 View Post
          I started using this cap. I found it easier to open. And half the price of the other cap.
          it's holding up great.
          Attached Files

Comment

I like that cap. Might need to retrofit mine.

Comment

May have to try this just for the heck of it...spare parts need to be cleared out of the shop anyway to make room for more spare parts.

Comment

I drilled a hole through the glue on cap and put I bolt through there and cinched it down with hasher and nut one each side. Used chain, two snap swivels and bridal ring over a piece of cold roll driven in the ground. Thought it was fool proof. Well, not exactly. Pigs pushed righ direction and worked inside nut off. Walked a mile down a water way looking. Neighbor returned a few weeks later. Found it close to a mile from where I put it. I had assumed it was in the Brazos or a tributary. Live and learn. Moral of story is double nut, use locktite or weld nut on. I have gotten a lot of laughs thinking about those pigs rolling that empty pipe with the gravel in the cap

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
                  I drilled a hole through the glue on cap and put I bolt through there and cinched it down with hasher and nut one each side. Used chain, two snap swivels and bridal ring over a piece of cold roll driven in the ground. Thought it was fool proof. Well, not exactly. Pigs pushed righ direction and worked inside nut off. Walked a mile down a water way looking. Neighbor returned a few weeks later. Found it close to a mile from where I put it. I had assumed it was in the Brazos or a tributary. Live and learn. Moral of story is double nut, use locktite or weld nut on. I have gotten a lot of laughs thinking about those pigs rolling that empty pipe with the gravel in the cap
                  I had the same thing happen. I then used a lock tight nut and that big boar did it again. So I got rid of chain and now went to cable and run the cable threw the same hole I put the eye bolt thru

Comment

On your eye bolt, just use a Nyloc nut or a Stover nut. It won't come loose that way. Don't over think it.

I do an eye bolt with a swivel and bridle ring in a standard threaded PVC cap slid down over a piece of 3/4" GRC conduit driven in the earth. Been running it that way for a few years now, they still haven't managed to tear it up. Just make sure your GRC is long enough that they can't flip the pipe up and off of it.

I had OK luck using chains and cables, but this setip is so much simpler to manage, and they can't get it in a bind to break it.

Comment

Thanks for input. It wasn't cheap to build and I was sick when it disappeared. My late friend Big Jim Bynum used to say that "you can't tell a lie about a wild hog. They are like a pet coon. Anything that you could think to make up about them, they have already done." These pig pipes are living proof of that.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        Hogs ripped my swivel up and rolled my pipe off. All I had left was 1/2 a swivel and my ring! I spent an hour today and didn't find a thing. I'll try again when things brown up.
                        I found my pipe today, about 1000 yds. away in the neighbor's property. They broke the swivel off with the chain on it also. Lots of tusk marks on it! It's now home to be reworked and heaver swivels and chain to be installed.

Comment

I found my pipe today, about 1000 yds. away in the neighbor's property. They broke the swivel off with the chain on it also. Lots of tusk marks on it! It's now home to be reworked and heaver swivels and chain to be installed.
                          Use cable and not chain. Problem solved..I learned that hard way also 2-3 times

Comment

What is the difference in the two as far as not breaking swivels!!

Comment

I had thought about cable, but chain has worked good so far. Get heavy swivels and chain.

Comment

What is the difference in the two as far as not breaking swivels!!
                                I did not have any issues with swivels breaking. I had a 225-250 lb boar who repeatedly would twist the chain around the t post until there was no slack left and he would keep pushing it...eventually until it broke.

The hole where the eye bolt was is where the PVC completley broke and the eye bolt fell out.

The cable does not twist and will not get wrapped around the t post now. So now I get the true 4-6 feet of the cable because it will never wrap around and cannot be kinked.

Comment

Working...
                                X