Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #51
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Sorry, can't get the file to upload. The location is on 2318, directly below the "N" from National on the TPWD map. Easy to hike, road goes thru the parcel or trail on the north perimeter separating the private property.

Had a pig walk thru tonight about 60 yards out. Couldn't get him to come closer, was surprised he was by himself.
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2017, 10:36 PM   #52
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDPBrooks View Post
Sorry, can't get the file to upload. The location is on 2318, directly below the "N" from National on the TPWD map. Easy to hike, road goes thru the parcel or trail on the north perimeter separating the private property.

Had a pig walk thru tonight about 60 yards out. Couldn't get him to come closer, was surprised he was by himself.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2017, 10:36 PM   #53
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDPBrooks View Post




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #54
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

caught this guy on camera.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #55
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

I am planning on hunting it the first time this weekend. Any suggestion on a good starting point where I can avoid the most people?
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #56
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace141 View Post
I am planning on hunting it the first time this weekend. Any suggestion on a good starting point where I can avoid the most people?


I hunt the northside of the lake, not to many gun hunters. Currently in the stand now!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #57
outdoorsnetx
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Paris
Default

I wonder why this place gets such a bad rap? I haven't gone out there yet. Really wanting to. All word of mouth people say it is swamped with gun hunters, all forums I have read seems like it isn't that bad. Looking like if you have a canoe or something you could prob find a monster deep in there along the Bois d'Arc creek.
outdoorsnetx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2017, 07:33 AM   #58
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
I wonder why this place gets such a bad rap? I haven't gone out there yet. Really wanting to. All word of mouth people say it is swamped with gun hunters, all forums I have read seems like it isn't that bad. Looking like if you have a canoe or something you could prob find a monster deep in there along the Bois d'Arc creek.
I have found most of the hunters hunting the main area at the lake. I hunted this area a few years ago and it was over hunted but I’m not seeing the same volume of hunters. Could be the reason why I can’t find any big deer, mostly small bucks.
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #59
Bowyer
Ten Point
 
Bowyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Barry Tx.
Hunt In: Texas & Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
I wonder why this place gets such a bad rap? I haven't gone out there yet. Really wanting to. All word of mouth people say it is swamped with gun hunters, all forums I have read seems like it isn't that bad. Looking like if you have a canoe or something you could prob find a monster deep in there along the Bois d'Arc creek.
I hunted there for the first time last week from Wednesday till Sunday and there weren't a lot of other hunters. I hunt 3 different areas and each hunt there was someone close shooting an AR. This didn't bother me, I felt like if they are banging away then the deer are more likely to be in the quiet patch of woods I was in.
Nice camp sites and even met a couple guys from Plano there hunting. We were hunting the same patch of woods and didn't know it until after the hunt.
I plan on going back.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk
Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #60
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowyer View Post
I hunted there for the first time last week from Wednesday till Sunday and there weren't a lot of other hunters. I hunt 3 different areas and each hunt there was someone close shooting an AR. This didn't bother me, I felt like if they are banging away then the deer are more likely to be in the quiet patch of woods I was in.
Nice camp sites and even met a couple guys from Plano there hunting. We were hunting the same patch of woods and didn't know it until after the hunt.
I plan on going back.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2017, 10:18 PM   #61
Kdurham
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mansfield
Default

Anyone hunting in AM that will let a newbie tag along? If not, I'm going hog hunting in Ennis on public land
Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #62
FDPBrooks
Four Point
 
FDPBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lewisville, Tx
Hunt In: Caddo Lake
Default

Boardbum, checked my cameras today and found more hogs on the North side again.
FDPBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com