Scope question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope question?

Sent my Leupold Vari-X IIc 3-9x40 scopes in for warrantee.
    Two of the scopes couldn't be fixed so I got some new ones.
    Decided to upgraded one of the new VX IIIi 3-9x40 with a VX IIIi 4.5-14x40.
    Which of these rifles should I put the 4.5-14x40 on?

Remington 700 BDL 7mm Rem Mag?
    Savage 110 270 Win?
    Remington 700 BDL 30-06 Sprg?
    Browning BAR II 270 Win?

Which one do you enjoy shooting the most?

Comment

Great answer MitchParker but it wasn't zakly the answer I was looking for.
      The 270 win. BAR is my favorite but.....
      I was thinking the 7mm rem. mag. might have a better and longer effective range so it would need "more scope"?

Comment

In my opinion, those cartridges are all so close in trajectory, it won't make much difference, but the 7Mag is the best performer in that respect.

Comment

I would put it on the most accurate rifle which you intend to shoot at the longest yardage

Comment

Thanks
            I looked up "stuff" on each caliber and they all came out about the same 600-1000 yards just as dustoffer mentioned. Only reason I upgraded was so I'd have something a little different to look through plus it only cost $100. A 3-9x40 scope is more that sufficient for me.

Comment

Which ever one of the 4 that you plan on shooting the most. I used to think I liked my 3-9 scopes but after getting a 12 and now a 14 zoom scope for 2 of my rifles I will never buy another scope with less than 12 power. Unless I was sticking it on a brush gun or AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Savage. I would be shooting the .270 the most out of that list.

I just put an old 3x9 on my new t/c compass .
                I swear at 9 power the crosshairs cover the bull at 100 yards.
                But it will be just fine for pigs. I have been spoiled by the 4x12,vortex crossfire with the adjustable lighted red dot.

Comment

The Savage 270?
                  Yes Sir I wanted a fine hair duplex or a German #4 but I would have upgraded another $200-$400 plus it probably would have been a 30mm tube scope. I thought a 30mm tube would be better but after a lot of "homework" I'm sticking with a 1" tube. Plus I would have had to replace my rings. Dove tail 30mm rings are $60 plus.

Comment

I would stick the highest magnification on the rifle you intend to shoot the furthest with.

Comment

Working...
                    X