For Those in the Weatherford School Dist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Those in the Weatherford School Dist

Weatherford ISD will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in the Weatherford High School Durant Auditorium located at 2121 Bethel Road.

The Board of Trustees would like your input on the following safety enhancements being considered for Weatherford ISD following a brief presentation:

• Implementing a Student ID program
    • Bus tags for students who travel to and from school on WISD buses
    • Adding additional School Resource Officers (SROs)
    • Adding crisis intervention counselors
    • Equipping classrooms with locked safes that would contain a safety vest, pepper spray, and a trauma kit
    • Implementing a concealed carry program (Defender Program) that would allow selected WISD staff members to carry firearms in order to protect students and staff in the event of an active shooter incident on WISD property
    • Installing metal detectors at campuses/departments

Some constructive ideas there. Tighter control on access, entry point metal detection, more known armed security, widespread net of unknown staff carrying, plus classroom means for self protection.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Some constructive ideas there. Tighter control on access, entry point metal detection, more known armed security, widespread net of unknown staff carrying, plus classroom means for self protection.
      These are all good ideas.^^^^

Comment

Sad that times have come to this. When I was a kid all that was needed was each teacher had a nice custom made paddle in her/his desk drawer and did not hesitate to use it. If there was a problem of a female teacher giving out licks then the AG teacher was called in and his board was about 2 feet longer and made a whistling noise coming down on your hiny. Must have been the holes drilled in it so's it didn't catch as much air and slow it down before it landed, usually just once or twice at the most. Mr. Pritchard was only bout 6'4" so he didn't ever give over two licks at one time. All the high school boys that had pickups also had gun racks in the back window with either a shotgun of 22 rifle hanging there and left parked in the parking lot all day with the winders down during summer time. Most pickups didn't have AC back then. I never ever heard of or knew of a school shooting or stabbing. All the boys carried pocket knives and we played stretch or mumbly peg at recess with these killer Barlows and Case knives.
        If we could only go back in time
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-04-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

When I was in first grade my dad brought a very old 22 rifle to the school for me to show at show and tell.

Comment

Working...
          X