Savage Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Axis

I've been looking at the Savage Axis in a 243. I've always liked Savage rifles, but my only real concern with this gun is the trigger. Does anyone know if it can be a adjusted or replaced? If you own one what are your thoughts?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419998067.342455.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	25042338

I dont belive the axis has the accutrigger so it cannot be adjusted as far as I know. Replaced I have no idea about.

Comment

It can be adjusted pretty easy. Just google it.

I adjust the trigger on mine and it is pretty clean.

Comment

I put a timney after market trigger on mine. Pretty easy to install. Now it is one sweet shooter. The factory trigger was the worst I've ever pulled.

Comment

Awesome guns. I have three. Easy to adjust. Or drop in a Timney trigger. Out the box it's very accurate.

Comment

You can put a rifle basix trigger in it.

I have one in a 243 and its a tack driver for a $270 rifle. Thinking about another in 22-250 for a coyote gun.

Comment

I just ordered a 22-250 HEAVY BARREL axis for $300 from buds gun.com or something.... Cheapest heavy barrel I've seen and I hear you can do work on trigger yourself as others have mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                You can put a rifle basix trigger in it.

I have one in a 243 and its a tack driver for a $270 rifle. Thinking about another in 22-250 for a coyote gun.

I have two Axis in the 22-250. I'm still blown away with their accuracy. Best bang for the buck rifle. Period.

Comment

My son has a 243 Axis stainless,very accurate,trigger is cheaply constructed compared to my savage 110 long action.Good price.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I was hoping to hear that the trigger could be replaced. I figure for the price you can't go wrong.

Comment

I believe the axis xp comes with the accutrigger.

Comment

My "old" axis just took a couple rings off the trigger spring, now it's awesome. The new xp has the accu trigger. I threw a boyds stock on my "old" axis and glass bedded it, that thing can put round after round on top of each other at 100yds.

Comment

Brownell's make a 2lb spring you can replace or you can cut the one down that is in it pretty easy

Comment

Look it up on youtube looks super easy to do. I just got a 22-250 but havent cut it down yet. But other than the heavy trigger super happy with the gun and I will take care of the trigger issue. Cant beat the price

Comment

The original axis doesn't come with the accutrigger
                              The new axis II or XP comes with the accutrigger

Comment

Working...
                              X