Bamabows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bamabows

Hey folks, those of you who shoot Bama bows, give me your best selling points for buying one. I have a couple questions too:

1) What type quivers do you use, carry or attached to the bow and which models?

2) What type string silencers do you use?

3) which type broadheads work best for you (i.e two-blade, four-blade etc)?

I sure like the looks of the Bama bow and am seriously thinking of ordering one to be waiting for me when I get back home after this deployment to Afghanistan.

Thanks for your input,

1st CAV, FIRST TEAM!!!

Chief

Hello Chief,

I am really no help here since I know nothing about Bamabows, but I can share what I use with you. First of all I am fairly new to traditional, but this is what I use.

1) What type quivers do you use, carry or attached to the bow and which models?
    -Selway detachable

2) What type string silencers do you use?
    -Beaver balls and other critters fur

3) which type broadheads work best for you (i.e two-blade, four-blade etc)?
    -I use old Bear 2 blade, I remove the bleeders

Be careful over there my brother!

Comment

Never shot a Bamabow but THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE and be safe over there!!!!!!

1. Great Northern quick detach quiver (only works on takedown bows). I use the Great Northeren strap on on my one piece bows.

2. 100% wool yarn homemade silencers.

3. German Kinetic Silverflame XL (1 1/2" wide) 2 blade broadhead.

I see you are from Kempner, Tx. If you have not done so, I would recommend you look at some of Bob Sarrels bows. His shop is in Manchaca (just south of Austin) and he makes as fine a bow as anyone out there. If you have already decided on the Bamabow that is fine but I was just giving you another local option for a great longbow or recurve. Here is a link to his website:

Bisch

Comment

Same as Bisch.. except I use a CatQuiver or leather back quiver... I hate a quiver on my bow..

And I use the ACE 200 grain 2 blade BH on wooden arrows.

Ditto on Bob Sarrels..

Comment

same as bisch on my sarrels lb, but on my bob lee recurve I use a thunderhorn quiver limb bolt mount quiver. I like thunderhorn because when you get it direct they will customize it with almost any logo you want. I also shoot zephyr scirocco 2blade with 7/8 bleeder, and abowyer single bevels. I would highly recommend a 2 blade if you are shooting 50# or less, anything higher and its just a recommendation. Hope someone on here can get you what you are looking for.

Comment

Thanks for your service. I have never shot a Bama Bow but have heard good things about them. Kempner huh, I hunt between Copperas Cove and Kempner. Also 1st Cav. Republic of Vietnam, 1969

Comment

Thanks for your service. I shot a Bama bow once in Memphis Texas. It was Ok but as Bisch stated I would try Sarrels. I use a bolt on quiver for my recurve and longbow, I like the added weight.

Comment

Thank for you serving our country first. I shoot a sarrels or a selfbow, side quiver, two blade zwiggy on wood arrow.

Comment

Working...
                X