Hard headed old dog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
    I have reading glasses "lanyards" now, and panic when I don't have them around my neck! (I don't wear them shooting, though...that's all I need is to catch the string on the things when I release)
    I too have to use reading glasses now, but I don't use the lanyards. That's why every shirt I own has a pocket on the left side (so I don't catch them with a bow string).

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Me too. I have a condition called keratoconus (basically a deformed, cone-shaped cornea) in my left eye so my vision on that side is not correctable to anywhere near 20/20. Not too much of a problem at this point, just makes me very right eye dominant. If it eventually develops in both eyes I will have a problem.
      I have that condition as well in my shooting eye

Comment

Yep, I use drug store reading glases as well, in fact, I have 3 pairs in my desk, one at my computer, one pair in each of my three cars, and one pair in the tank bag on my motorcycle, and none of them are ever where I am when I need them.
        I have now resorted to wearing Cargo Pants so that I have a pocket big enough to store a pair in a hard case so they don't get broken.

Wayne

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Glad to hear the contacts are helping Javi. Now that you've got your leg and your eyes fixed when I see you in a couple of weeks you realize what I look like and be able to run away....lol.

Comment

Deb and I have glasses all over the house.

Comment

I knew my depth perception would suffer with the mono-vision and that would effect my distance judging but I never really thought about it affecting my instinctive shooting because my master eye was also my distance eye.. The doctor had helped me 10 years ago when my vision first started showing signs of old age and astigmatism, he got me set up with contacts that helped me see at distance much better but back then my eyes were pretty even in correction.. Now the left eye is very near sighted and the right eye is far sighted.. works pretty good for every day life but sucks for anything requiring depth perception... hence the new contacts..

I shot with them again last night and it really is much better... I really don't see the target any better but my brain can judge the distance to it a lot better..

Comment

Working...
                X