Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert wooden patio to flagstone (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert wooden patio to flagstone (pic heavy)

Hello amigos, so we've lived in our house for about 10 years and it came with a wooden patio which we could tell the previous owners did not take good care of it. We knew eventually that it would need to be replaced. Well, three months ago I happen to put my foot though one of the floor boards and we knew it was time. But instead of redoing it with wood, we decided to do flagstone. Also, I wanted to incorporate a fire place and a custom made smoker/grill. The original deck was 20 by 30 but we decided that we didn't need so much patio so we are do No a 15 by 17.
    Attached Files

Here's the deck being torn down
    Attached Files

Comment

It took me about two months working on the weekend to tear it all down.
      Attached Files

Comment

I went with a sand base. Luckily my fil's property has a ton of it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the sand evened out
          Attached Files

Comment

Bought a ton of flagstone and started to lay it down. I thought I had bought enough, but I ended up having to go buy another half ton, and I still came up a bit short.
            Attached Files

Comment

Bought a pallet of solid cinder blocks for $24 @ .60.
              Originally 4.55 each. They didn't know how many in a pallet so they guesstimated 55. I talked them down to 40. So, 69 total in the pallet. Originally it should of been $313. 95 and I got it for $24.00.

A SAVING OF $289.95
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the fireplace going up. The flagstone I used on the ground is 1.75 inches thick. I'm going to buy 1 inch thick flagstone for the fireplace and to make a border against the house. The fireplace is going to be propane.
                Attached Files

Comment

I've been grouting for the past two weeks in every chance I get.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's a before and after power wash. I might of gone a little too crazy with the power washer and I think I'm going t have to go back and fill some holes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is kinda like how I want the fireplace to look (except the flagstone will be vertical instead of horizontal). I found the skulls on amazon and I'm going to order them soon. I already ordered the propane fireplace kit but I need to buy an extension hose that I will run under the flagstone and into the custom grill I'm going to build on the right side of the patio.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sweet

Comment

That is awesome!! Good work...

Comment

Looks great. The only thing I would suggest is lining the interior of the fire pit with fire bricks. I've heard horror stories about cinder blocks or regular bricks exploding.

Comment

That style of gas burner is not going to create enough heat to blow up the block.

Comment

Working...
                              X