Months of Offseason Wrapped up in the 1st 15 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Months of Offseason Wrapped up in the 1st 15 minutes

A little late to post but opening morning I was out like most of you reading this. I got into the stand an hour before the feeder went off. Like most mornings I could hear animals moving around below me but couldn’t see anything. When the feeder went off there were only a couple of deer moving around me but nothing below me. I turned to watch the small buck downwind from me to see if he was going to bust me. I kept noticing him look back to the south through the trees below me but couldn’t see anything, I looked back over my left shoulder and watched several other deer moving around in the trees eating the acorns. About that time I noticed a deer moving through the branches below me, I watched and waited to get a glimpse of what was going to show up. With no intention to shoot I got my bow in position to film the deer moving around like always. The deer jumped into the feed pen and started eating around with his head down. After a few minutes of watching him feed he raised his head up to look at the deer downwind from me. I was finally able to get a good look at him and began counting points (.4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12.... etc.), my heart started pounding and mouth breathing after I knew was below me. After he turned I was able to stand up and hook my release, he began walking as we turned away from me I pulled back and got steady. He took another step forward and I let the 100 grain Slicktrick fly getting a complete pass through, he jumped straight up and ran into the trees. I could hear him crash behind me, I decided to wait while I pulled myself together. Other deer and bucks started moving in to feed while I waited, after waiting 30 minutes and go down and followed the blood trail. Approximately 30 yards from where I shot I found him piled up, it took me a few more minutes to grasp what I’d just shot and had to recount several times to be sure I was correct. 18 points scoreable points is what I had finally come up with. This is prolly the best deer I have taken with a bow and will most likely be the best for ever 15 minutes of any future opening mornings.
    Attached Files

Great write up, congrats again Tim! You put in a ton of work, beaitiful buck!

Comment

Wow, what a buck. Congratulations bud.

Comment

Outstanding buck. Great write up. Congrats.

Comment

Heck yea man. Congrats on cool looking buck

Comment

Congrats! Fine buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It sucks to finish that quick, but I'd take it ! Congrats, that a nice buck with great character !

Comment

Outstanding buck. Lots of character. After a start like this, I can't wait to see how you finish. Great job!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good one! Congrats.

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats!

Comment

Should have gave him another year! Or at least another week for him to walk to my stand!

Comment

Sweet buck, from one Menard area hunter to another- congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck & great story!

Comment

Congrats on an awesome buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X