Snakes in cotton seed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakes in cotton seed!

I have always seen mice and rats in the cotton seed we store and knew it was a matter of time before I ran into a snake. When I pulled the tarp back from the cotton seed this guy was nearly between my legs. To say I jumped is an understatement! Be careful out there. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20170520_122803.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	25115222

Purty lil thing, KILL IT!

Comment

Yep. They like the underside of a tarp. Pulled a few tarps back on rice levees to find a few of those. Along with water moccasins and just about ever other kinda snake you can think of.

Comment

It is just ridding you of the mice.

Comment

Wow...always have to be careful.

Comment

Anywhere there are mice you will find snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Purty lil thing, KILL IT!
              Oh he got the shovel!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20170520_122655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	24497056

Comment

He would have drowned in crap if I had lifted the tarp!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                  Lol I did almost wet myself.

Comment

I pulled up a piece of tin that a copperhead under it. Certainly gets your juices flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                      Hahahahahahaha I laughed out loud on that one!!!!!

Comment

I went to look at abandon runabout boat I found online and it wasnt on a trailer, just sitting out in a field. I squatted down low to lift the hull up with my shoulder and look at the bottom and when I did I came face to face with a coiled rattlesnake . He was probably less than 20 inches away from my face. I bolted out of there as fast as lightning and lost my phone in the process

I left my phone out there and bought another one. I know its right there where I went to pick up the boat

Comment

Dang!!!!

I hate those suckers.

Comment

I've had so many close calls with rattlesnakes there ain't enough time to type or read them all.

My brother and I were out catching snakes one day and went to a junk pile to see what we could find. There was an old welcome matt laying on the ground with one end flipped over making it a perfect place for something to lay in the shade. My brother reached down and flung it over and a rattlesnake was coiled up inside it. When he flipped it over the snake flew out from under the part that was flipped back over itself. It couldn't have been but a few inches away from his hand. That kind of freaked me out. Getting bit doesn't bother me that much I just don't like seeing it happen to other people. And it almost happened that day.

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                              I went to look at abandon runabout boat I found online and it wasnt on a trailer, just sitting out in a field. I squatted down low to lift the hull up with my shoulder and look at the bottom and when I did I came face to face with a coiled rattlesnake . He was probably less than 20 inches away from my face. I bolted out of there as fast as lightning and lost my phone in the process

I left my phone out there and bought another. I know its right there where I went to pick up the boat
                              Solid plan...I like the way you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X