No announcement yet.

School me on wells.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was 440ft. Cased to about 350ft. 3000 gallon storage tank, pressure tank, secondary pump to pull out of tank, etc. For a little over $10,000. I had to get a storage tank because my well is only about 2gpm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, this doesnt answer the mans question but well price I was quoted here in DFW

I was quoted $20/ft for wells 300' or less and $32/ft for anything over 300' by Affordable Water Well. They did my parents well and Id use them in a heartbeat. There was a 200' minimum on the $20/ft price but that was turnkey minus electricity to the well. Unfortunately for me, Im in the 800' well area.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        Well, this doesnt answer the mans question but well price I was quoted here in DFW

I was quoted $20/ft for wells 300' or less and $32/ft for anything over 300' by Affordable Water Well. They did my parents well and Id use them in a heartbeat. There was a 200' minimum on the $20/ft price but that was turnkey minus electricity to the well. Unfortunately for me, Im in the 800' well area.

Affordable is who quoted my well also. Strange though I was quoted straight $22 per foot no matter if I went to Paluxy at 225' or Trinity at 450'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a related question. I am going to drill my well for new house soon. Around 380 feet. I am also planning on running a pipe into my pond next to my house to keep water in it when needed.

So I will need high GPM pump - can solar run a larger pump for this application?

Comment

School me on wells.

Comment

When we drilled a well about 2.5 years ago it cost us a little under $10k for the whole system - drilling and constant pressure system installed. We went that route at the recommendation of a friend that's a well guy. It only requires a very small pressure tank and has a smaller footprint than a traditional setup. We hit water at 235feet but drilled all the way to 300.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                I have a related question. I am going to drill my well for new house soon. Around 380 feet. I am also planning on running a pipe into my pond next to my house to keep water in it when needed.

So I will need high GPM pump - can solar run a larger pump for this application?

Talk to your well guy and get his advice. Why would you need a high GPM system? You could add water to your pond with either - only difference is how long you leave the water on for. You'll need to get a permit for your well and it may be more expensive or difficult to get a permit for a well with a high GPM system. I'm sure no expert. Just saying, I'd sure talk to my local expert. That's what I thought I'd need too, for our water troughs and to irrigate a 3 acre food plot on the property; but our guy said we could do what we wanted with a standard GPM system stat would be easier to permit and be cheaper. He was right. I can see my run 2 tower sprinklers at a time off of one line, but that's not a big hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                  Talk to your well guy and get his advice. Why would you need a high GPM system? You could add water to your pond with either - only difference is how long you leave the water on for. You'll need to get a permit for your well and it may be more expensive or difficult to get a permit for a well with a high GPM system. I'm sure no expert. Just saying, I'd sure talk to my local expert. That's what I thought I'd need too, for our water troughs and to irrigate a 3 acre food plot on the property; but our guy said we could do what we wanted with a standard GPM system stat would be easier to permit and be cheaper. He was right. I can see my run 2 tower sprinklers at a time off of one line, but that's not a big hassle.

I have a friend who is a top biologist/pond expert and he said for a well to even keep up during the summer (due to evaporation) I needed a higher GPM pump. I have done this once before and it takes a load of water in an acre to two acre pond to make any difference. I was wondering if a solar could provide high GPM - the electric bill on running a pump 24-7 can get pretty nasty

Comment

PM inbound Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Affordable is who quoted my well also. Strange though I was quoted straight $22 per foot no matter if I went to Paluxy at 225' or Trinity at 450'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Mike... I could have sworn he said the cutoff was around 300' and then he needed to switch to a different rig and a bigger hole to get to the 800' needed here in Keller. If it was $22/ft, Id probably go ahead and get it done.

Comment

Working...
                      X