Dove hunting in May you say?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting in May you say?!

Well hell yes! Nice little 3 hour Eurasian/ringneck shoot with Fishndude in the Panhandle. .1oz #6s out of the ole 20 ga put a hurt on em. [emoji4]. This is one invasive species I love![emoji51]

Man it’s shaping up to be a good September for Texas too. We saw dove most of the 6 hour drive out which we haven’t in years past making two trips a year.. There were hundreds and hundreds of mourning dove at our place that we couldn’t do anything with but let them land at our feet. And that they did. Hope they are still there in September in these numbers...Fun times!!..

Snapped a quick pic of my take to that point of birds during a very short lull

FND and I after the hunt. Tripods are so **** handy[emoji23]

Last edited by Smart; 05-18-2019, 05:26 AM.

Nice work y'all. Congrats

Comment

Nice shooting!

Dove population in East Texas is waaayyy up this year already. I know they won’t stay but still good to see numbers back, as I will keep a percentage around

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats

Comment

Bacon anyone?

Comment

You guys sure know how to have fun!! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Bacon anyone?

Yes sir ... Jumbo poppers[emoji41]

Comment

I have the odd Eurasian at my place. I’m curious how to hunt them. Do you let them land so you can ID them?

Comment

Nice Hunt!

Comment

Very nice, looks like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      I have the odd Eurasian at my place. I’m curious how to hunt them. Do you let them land so you can ID them?
                      Best if you can’t id them flying, to not hunt them out of dove season (I don’t mean that to be rude or smart @$$)

They are much larger, lighter in color and fairly easy to id (but I see them a lot, so that might not be a true statement across the board)

Comment

Nice!

I've been after one in the yard with the cold steel blow gun. Tim Wells I am not

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          ...Man it’s shaping up to be a good September for Texas too. We saw dove most of the 6 hour drive out which we haven’t in years past making two trips a year.. There were hundreds and hundreds of mourning dove at our place that we couldn’t do anything with but let them land at our feet. And that they did. Hope they are still there in September in these numbers...Fun times!!..
                          That is welcome news - thanks for the report!

Comment

Nice haul. My favorite invasive species by far.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X