No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man my heart aches. God has his plan. Praying for you all. Just a little extra for you Ross. We will get through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Big H View Post
      I received a very similar call from BHI Houma today. I live too far away from the district so I am mailing back their property. 8 year offshore cementer. What were you doing for them?

Good luck and God bless in the search.

I was with Hughes Christianson Drill Bits.

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
        Man my heart aches. God has his plan. Praying for you all. Just a little extra for you Ross. We will get through this.

I know we will I've already applied for 5 jobs online last night and I am headed to several offices today to hand out resumes.

Comment

It kills me that today you can't just go in a office and hand your resume in and have a one on one talk with the boss so you can actually talk about your experience and how serious you are about working. Half the places now say apply online

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
            It kills me that today you can't just go in a office and hand your resume in and have a one on one talk with the boss so you can actually talk about your experience and how serious you are about working. Half the places now say apply online
            I'd say close to 95% of office jobs REQUIRE you to apply online. The only way to get a decent job these days is through networking. Unfortunately if you're in the oil business, and you want to continue on in that field, you are gonna have to wait this downturn out I think.

Getting dicey at my office as we've heard another round is on the way. Don't know if I'll make it through this one...

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
              the small companies are that way.

you can think the huge human resources "movement" companies have undergone in the last 15 years or so for that type of thing.

HR has done a good job of grabbing control of many roles to try to continue to prove their usefulness.... regardless of how useful they actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                the small companies are that way.

you can think the huge human resources "movement" companies have undergone in the last 15 years or so for that type of thing.

HR has done a good job of grabbing control of many roles to try to continue to prove their usefulness.... regardless of how useful they actually are.

TRUTH

Not a big HR fan

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                  Well got THE CALL this evening... Bring all BHI property to work in the morning for a "meeting" at 9am.

Will be back on the job hunt starting in the morning. Gonna be tough for a while especially with a 8 week old little boy and wife at home to provide for.

I will be guiding fishing trips in Port O'Connor again full time until I find work again.

Hate to hear that man. I'll try and shoot some fishing business your way if I can.

Comment

You can add me to the list of people laid off now.
                    I'm not worried because I had a job offer Tuesday and my company made the decision for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                      You can add me to the list of people laid off now.

I'm not worried because I had a job offer Tuesday and my company made the decision for me.

Jump on it. I've been off since January 9th. Longest I've ever went in my life without a job.

Comment

Well got THE CALL this evening... Bring all BHI property to work in the morning for a "meeting" at 9am.

Will be back on the job hunt starting in the morning. Gonna be tough for a while especially with a 8 week old little boy and wife at home to provide for.

I will be guiding fishing trips in Port O'Connor again full time until I find work again.
                        shoot me some info on your fishing deal, Id love to spend some $$ w/u

Comment

I'm sure it's more work than it looks, and not a lot money, but I have been tempted to do that more than once. Sure seems like a fun lifestyle(being from someone who never lived on coast). Good luck in both areas.

My main problem is i'm not a good fisherman.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                            shoot me some info on your fishing deal, Id love to spend some $$ w/u

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              I'm sure it's more work than it looks, and not a lot money, but I have been tempted to do that more than once. Sure seems like a fun lifestyle(being from someone who never lived on coast). Good luck in both areas.

My main problem is i'm not a good fisherman.

It's no life for a family man with a 8 week old. That's why I got out of it. Don't know too many guides who aren't divorced once, twice, or even three times.

That being said it is nice to have the business and clientele to fall back on in a time like this just sucks working every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Talk of the town is B-H shutting down operations in Alice...weatherford not far behind.

sigh...
                                Yes sir, Baker is absolutely do so and Weatherford is doing the same from what I was told Monday. There is a reason they all built those super yards in Elmendorf. Baker has closed down several smaller yards in the past few months that I know of.

One of my best buddies is pretty high up with Halliburton on the drill bits side, looks like they are going to be sold off. He is not real sure what it is going to mean. Nothing is promised, that is for sure. Best of luck everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X