Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Remember that one know it all dude that was talking smack about me looking to mine ETH?

He said something about you will not be able to mine it for much longer? Whats up with that?
    Originally posted by Neck View Post
    But doesn't that change as soon as ETH goes from PoW to PoS? When it becomes proof of stake you need to have a big bag of eth to even be considered as a staker.
    Originally posted by Neck View Post
    That has been what I have read during my research, which has not been a whole lot. My understanding is when Casper is released on Ethereum (very soon this year) it becomes proof of stake and no longer proof of work. In its infancy only people with 1000 or more ether can be stakers while the new validation is in it's release and to monitor and watch for any issues. Once it is rock solid it would be opened up to folks with 10 ether. There will also be stake pools so say for instance all us TBHers holding enough ether could pool our ether and then be stakers and split the earnings (transaction fees).
    I told him this a couple weeks ago.
    The same RX 570 I was getting for $200 at thanksgiving are now $550

Ethereum mining is no longer quickly profitable
    GPU are too expensive

And as that ghost (Casper) rears his ugly head.....
    Shows over

CPU mining might be the next thing
    You can mine Monero with cpu
    Some servers can hold several cpu on one motherboard

Don't listen to this troll tho...

Comment

Yeah, he is an ***. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        I told him this a couple weeks ago.
        The same RX 570 I was getting for $200 at thanksgiving are now $550

Ethereum mining is no longer quickly profitable
        GPU are too expensive

And as that ghost (Casper) rears his ugly head.....
        Shows over

CPU mining might be the next thing
        You can mine Monero with cpu
        Some servers can hold several cpu on one motherboard

Don't listen to this troll tho...
        I picked up 12 of the GX-580's (8gb) last week, tax shipping everything included worked out to be $433 per card, way more than they should be but not ridiculous as some are paying. I also have an order that'll be filled in April for another pile of GX-580's that'll be $269/card. Just gotta look around, business IT vendor accounts help.

There's always other coins that can be mined once Eth is a no go.

edit: My 17 year old wanted some computer practice so I bought the parts and he put the rigs all together and fired them up for me. That was the main reason for them, looking to break even at least but anything further will be icing on the cake.
        Last edited by justletmein; 01-23-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I picked up 180 more Vibe rasing me to 550. Gonna see what happens with the SB commercial. If I can cash out for one ETH I will sell. If not HODL long term.
          What is the connection between VIBE and SB Commercial?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            I picked up 12 of the GX-580's (8gb) last week, tax shipping everything included worked out to be $433 per card, way more than they should be but not ridiculous as some are paying. I also have an order that'll be filled in April for another pile of GX-580's that'll be $269/card. Just gotta look around, business IT vendor accounts help.
            April is essentially 2019 delivery.
            But can you provide the source of the twelve gpu you picked up last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              So has everyone traded XRP for VIBE now or what?
              Hushyomouth...

I owns a lot of both...

Comment

Gonna be a good day... i can feel it.

Comment

This mining stuff is outside my realm of understanding. There are still coins that are pumping but I'm going to be content just holding for the next rise.

Bitcoin looks a little better this morning as well as Litecoin.

BTW, if anyone wants to send me some birthday crypto I'll post an address. All proceeds will go towards a bottle of Irish Whiskey or Scotch.
                  Last edited by In-Yo-Grill; 01-24-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

So break it down in laymans terms. How much longer is it expected to be able to mine eth? Can you then use that rig for another coin?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                      This mining stuff is outside my realm of understanding. There are still coins that are pumping but I'm going to be content just holding for the next rise.

Bitcoin looks a little better this morning as well as Litecoin.

BTW, if anyone wants to send me some birthday crypto I'll post an address. All proceeds will go towards a bottle of Irish Whiskey or Scotch.

Post up your eth address. I’ll send ya some eth. See if it works. [emoji1474]

Oh. And happy Birfday!

Ummmm. Check that. Binance won’t let me send less than 0.1 eth I think. I like you, but not that much! [emoji12]

Skinny
                      Last edited by Skinny; 01-24-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        Post up your eth address. I’ll send ya some eth. See if it works. [emoji1474]

Oh. And happy Birfday!

Ummmm. Check that. Binance won’t let me send less than 0.1 eth I think. I like you, but not that much! [emoji12]

Skinny
                        Thanks brotha! It's the thought that counts.

I don't care for that on Binance either. There are times I just wanted to toss a few bucks into a coin and it won't let me because of the minimums.

Comment

So break it down in laymans terms. How much longer is it expected to be able to mine eth? Can you then use that rig for another coin?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          yes you can use the rig for a ton of other coins. instead of looking at mining though start looking at masternodes. thats where things are headed and POW is becoming the old less efficient way.

Comment

Tron is the chick that you got to second base with on first date...but then never puts out after that.

Comment

Lol ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Tron is the chick that you got to second base with on first date...but then never puts out after that.
                                I'm starting to feel that way about VIBE...

Comment

Working...
                                X