Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co., Motley Co., Oldham Co., and any other place I get a chance to.
Default Prime Centergy??

Does anyone on here shoot a Prime Centergy?? If so how well do you like it?? Full blown reviews welcome.
DuramaxDude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co., Motley Co., Oldham Co., and any other place I get a chance to.

ttt
Old 09-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

I've shot one just because I like trying every piece of equipment I can. It was a good shooting bow. That being said, I love my Hoyts and I would still go that route.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

ttt
Old 09-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #5
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

ttt
Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #6
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Ttt
Old 09-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #7
Fishcat91
Eight Point

Hunt In: Secret Spot

I shot the prime centergy. I liked it, but I ended up getting the Prime Rize which is last years prime bow.
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #8
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co

I love it, one of the best bows off the shelf I have shot, ever!
Ordered one in 31", should be here next week just in time.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2017, 04:42 AM   #9
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Nice
Old 09-23-2017, 04:43 AM   #10
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
I love it, one of the best bows off the shelf I have shot, ever!
Ordered one in 31", should be here next week just in time.
About how much $$ are they running?
Old 09-23-2017, 04:45 AM   #11
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcat91 View Post
I shot the prime centergy. I liked it, but I ended up getting the Prime Rize which is last years prime bow.
Why the Rize?
Old 09-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #12
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxDude View Post
About how much $$ are they running?
About the same as most of the other new top end bows, about $1k+
Old 09-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #13
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Ttt
Old 09-23-2017, 10:32 PM   #14
Fishcat91
Eight Point

Hunt In: Secret Spot

Quote:
Why the Rize?
Both had a solid back wall that I liked. To me the Rize had a smoother draw.
Fishcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2017, 01:40 AM   #15
Rat
Ten Point

The Prime Centergy and Centergy Hybrid are both excellent bows; Prime has made some really good bows in the past but this year's models have really been a big success for them. With good reason, they are not only winning at the professional level but the everyday shooter, like you and me, is also singing their praise.

Their coating process on the riser is second too none and the attention to detail can be seen in every aspect of the bow.

The cam design, while it looks unconventional, is a dual track binary cam system at its heart. The split cam design means less cam lean; and in fact virtually eliminates cam lean altogether. What little torque there is, is easily tuned out using the Flexiss AR cable guard.

The Centergy Hybrid (which is only model to be tested) has almost no riser deflection (torque); which was a first for this test. All other bows had some degree of torque, some quite bad.

The stops on the cams are also customizable to be either limb stops or cable stops, or both. This allows the archer to choose the amount of feel in the back of the wall. This is unique to Prime in hunting bows as far as I know.

Draw cycle and valley are what you would expect from a bow that is 333 IBO; Prime has chosen to go for accuracy over pure speed in this respect. They are also very efficient. Going down in draw length doesn't loose speed as fast as other cam systems.

The 82X Alloy is is nice, but not the end all (except for the exceptional stiffness). Most shooters observe a different tone when being shot, not louder, just different; it is the 82X ping. It is relatively easy to dampen the unusual noise with aftermarket accessories.

The factory string is 452X which is an excellent string material and is what most major string manufacturers use in their strings; including aftermarket string makers. Prime has a lifetime string replacement benefit that means you can get a new string every two years from Prime for the life of the bow.

The new grip location is what all the fuss is about. Prime isn't the first to use a centered grip in their design, but by all accounts they are the first to get it right. By putting the grip in the center they have created a bow that is exceptional in shooting stability.

In addition to all that, the Prime accessories are second to none. The Sherpa mounting system for the quiver and camera mount are solid and integral, easily adjusted with no slop or buzz.

I have shot both and the Centergy Hybrid will be my next bow.

For a similar bow that is gaining rave reviews I would suggest you also look at the new PSE Evolve cam system; very similar in operation to the Prime cam system.

It is their flagship bow so expect to pay close to, or just above, $1,000 for the bare bow.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #16
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
The Prime Centergy and Centergy Hybrid are both excellent bows; Prime has made some really good bows in the past but this year's models have really been a big success for them. With good reason, they are not only winning at the professional level but the everyday shooter, like you and me, is also singing their praise.

Their coating process on the riser is second too none and the attention to detail can be seen in every aspect of the bow.

The cam design, while it looks unconventional, is a dual track binary cam system at its heart. The split cam design means less cam lean; and in fact virtually eliminates cam lean altogether. What little torque there is, is easily tuned out using the Flexiss AR cable guard.

The Centergy Hybrid (which is only model to be tested) has almost no riser deflection (torque); which was a first for this test. All other bows had some degree of torque, some quite bad.

The stops on the cams are also customizable to be either limb stops or cable stops, or both. This allows the archer to choose the amount of feel in the back of the wall. This is unique to Prime in hunting bows as far as I know.

Draw cycle and valley are what you would expect from a bow that is 333 IBO; Prime has chosen to go for accuracy over pure speed in this respect. They are also very efficient. Going down in draw length doesn't loose speed as fast as other cam systems.

The 82X Alloy is is nice, but not the end all (except for the exceptional stiffness). Most shooters observe a different tone when being shot, not louder, just different; it is the 82X ping. It is relatively easy to dampen the unusual noise with aftermarket accessories.

The factory string is 452X which is an excellent string material and is what most major string manufacturers use in their strings; including aftermarket string makers. Prime has a lifetime string replacement benefit that means you can get a new string every two years from Prime for the life of the bow.

The new grip location is what all the fuss is about. Prime isn't the first to use a centered grip in their design, but by all accounts they are the first to get it right. By putting the grip in the center they have created a bow that is exceptional in shooting stability.

In addition to all that, the Prime accessories are second to none. The Sherpa mounting system for the quiver and camera mount are solid and integral, easily adjusted with no slop or buzz.

I have shot both and the Centergy Hybrid will be my next bow.

For a similar bow that is gaining rave reviews I would suggest you also look at the new PSE Evolve cam system; very similar in operation to the Prime cam system.

It is their flagship bow so expect to pay close to, or just above, $1,000 for the bare bow.
Thanks!!
Old 10-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #17
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Just got mine in this week and man what a bow, was faster than I anticipated and still dead in the hand. After the first shot I looked the bow over because the shot felt so weird. Buttery smooth with no load on the cam and a solid wall
Old 10-04-2017, 10:43 PM   #18
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just got mine in this week and man what a bow, was faster than I anticipated and still dead in the hand. After the first shot I looked the bow over because the shot felt so weird. Buttery smooth with no load on the cam and a solid wall

Old 10-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #19
Rat
Ten Point

Quote:
She's a beauty! Love the color!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #20
txstguy
Spike

Hunt In: anywhere

i've got one in the mail. pretty excited.
txstguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2017, 05:55 PM   #21
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

You guys keep up the reports and thoughts on it please. I am really considering one but the closest dealer is 250 miles from me. Gonna have to plan a weekend trip out of the deal just to shoot one.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #22
Rat
Ten Point

Quote:
You guys keep up the reports and thoughts on it please. I am really considering one but the closest dealer is 250 miles from me. Gonna have to plan a weekend trip out of the deal just to shoot one.
Make the drive, I don't think you will regret it. Take money...
Old 10-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #23
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Also if your a 31" draw it has to be the hybrid with 7" brace height not the regular hybrid
Old 10-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #24
Rchr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas
Default Prime Centergy

I have had a Prime Centergy since June and I really like it. I like it so much that I stopped shooting my Elite bows, (even though when I got it I had just placed 2nd in the Paris ASA shoot in the senior known division). I still like my elites but I like the centergy even better. For starters it is a very well balanced bow and holds well on target. Cam lean is pretty much eliminated and like with most other bows you can vary the let off. Another option you have is the draw stop, The bow can be set up so that you can change to either limb stops or cable stops, its up to you. The bow is not lightning fast but it does have good speed (it is faster than my elite 35 by about 5-7 fps). I liked my Centergy so much that as soon as I can sell my elites I will buy another Centergy. Don't know what else to tell you that RAT didn't already covered.

Go to youtube and checkout archer1941. He does some bow torque tests on different bows and when he does them on the Prime Centergy.... it will catch your attention.
Rchr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #25
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

I was shooting a Hoyt nitrum 34 and the speed on the two bows at same poundage is exactly the same. 308 at 70# 31" draw and a relatively heavy arrow(don't remember exact weight) and 286ish at 63# which is what I normally shoot. Not a true speed bow but plenty fast.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #26
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Nice guys!!
Old 10-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #27
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

What about the accuracy of the Centergy and how easy is it to get and hold on target?
Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #28
Rat
Ten Point

Quote:
What about the accuracy of the Centergy and how easy is it to get and hold on target?
Almost universally the first thing people say about the Centergy is how well it holds on target and how stabile it is. Prime has really figured out the grip location; something others have tried but not really been successful with.

Not only is it accurate but it is also very forgiving.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #29
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Can't say it much better. Very stable, normally I am a very shaky shooter meaning i have a hard time keeping on small target areas.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #30
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Got the new cyntergy hybrid, It held rock steady!
Old 10-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #31
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Nice!
Old 10-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #32
Booger74
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Just picked up a used Rival to shoot to see if I really want to separate myself with another thousand. This bow is awesome. I loved my E35 and really hated to sell it, but wanted to try a Prime really bad and 3 bows on the wall would have produced many bad faces from my bride, so the 35 had to go. This bow is so smooth it's unreal.
Attached Images

Booger74 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #33
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

The past prime bows are nice but this cyntergy is really nice
Old 10-28-2017, 01:02 PM   #34
Rat
Ten Point

The Rival has a pretty energetic fan base, reminds me of the days when the Tribute started to be phased out by Bowtech, lots of mad people over that one.

I see you also have the Sherpa quiver, I really like the design of that system.

Great looking bow.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #35
Deers & Beers
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I Can

Is there anywhere in Texas to buy Prime bows (preferably near Houston)? Their website doesn't show any dealers..
Deers & Beers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #36
Pony1971
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can

I have seen them at Live Oak Archery in College Station
Pony1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #37
19Leiker83
Nubbin' Buck

saddle river range in magnolia has them
19Leiker83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top