No announcement yet.

Crossbow hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbows are wonderful ground blind bows, and super fun, great for the sport, so many good crossbows out there, I recommend black eagle executioner arrows for a arrow choice, by far the most popular choice among crossbow hunters and the most accurate and consistent arrow I’ve seen shot out of a crossbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At the age of 85 and a lifetime of bowhunting with recurves and compounds, my dad went to a crossbow with the integral crank last year. It has really enabled him to keep hunting in the "golden" years. He's accurate to 50 yards with it off a monopod, and the extended range opens up more blind placement opportunities for his ground blinds.

I understand the use of a crossbow to address a shoulder injury, but remind ya'll that sometimes all it takes is some therapy to pick up a compound again. I rehabilitated a partly torn labrum injury with a year of low draw weight recurve usage, and am back to shooting a compound now (admittedly dropped 10lbs in draw weight).

Stu

Comment

I do. I enjoy both compound and crossbow hunting. With my condition " End- stage Renal Disease" there are times that I just don't have energy to pull back my compound. That's when I use the crossbow.

Comment

I'm also in the "use whatever makes you happy" camp. I generally shoot compound, crossbow, and guns every year.

And I don't feel the need to justify any of it, to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
            I'm also in the "use whatever makes you happy" camp. I generally shoot compound, crossbow, and guns every year.

And I don't feel the need to justify any of it, to anyone.
            This exactly. I bought a crossbow for my kids and wife to use. I’ll admit, I use it as much as they do now.

Comment

My wife does. I like shooting it. Shoot what makes you happy.

Comment

Love my crossbow - Tenpoint

Side note: It can get heavy on long hikes at times and not easy to cock in a tree stand.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
                  I ordered the Center Point tormentor whisper 380
                  Same here should be this weekend $330.30 shipped on Amazon

Comment

Crossbows rule!
                    Won't be long compounds during archery season will be a thing of the past.
                    If you want to get back to basics traditional is the way to go....If you want to kill game consistently the crossbow is king.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                      Crossbows rule!
                      Won't be long compounds during archery season will be a thing of the past.
                      If you want to get back to basics traditional is the way to go....If you want to kill game consistently the crossbow is king.
                      Sure hope not. Would hate to basically be shooting a short range gun during archery season instead of the compound

Comment

Working...
                      X