Turkey Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Tx

Have any of you ever hunted or know anyone that has ever hunted around Turkey Tx. west of Childress. Got a call on a place near there about a possible lease and wanted to see if I could get some tbh info about the hunting in that area.

Thanks

There are a few of us that hunt around there.

Comment

Decent population of whitetails as well as muleys? What about the turkeys

Comment

I grew up 12 miles south of Turkey.
        White Tail, Muleys, plenty of Turkeys and hogs.

Comment

You will enjoy the area.

Comment

Had a lease on the Pease river south of town a couple years ago. LOTS of mule deer with a decent amount of whitetails in the river bottoms. A healthy amount of both hogs and turkeys. Our lease was only 500 acres which limited its hunt ability. The high dollar Matador ranch is just down the road and grows deer into the 200" range showing that big deer are possible in the area. Let me know if you need a extra gun. I'm looking for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal View Post
              Had a lease on the Pease river south of town a couple years ago. LOTS of mule deer with a decent amount of whitetails in the river bottoms. A healthy amount of both hogs and turkeys. Our lease was only 500 acres which limited its hunt ability. The high dollar Matador ranch is just down the road and grows deer into the 200" range showing that big deer are possible in the area. Let me know if you need a extra gun. I'm looking for next year.
              Will do. Big place if we can land the deal may need a few more. I dont know many of the pertinants on the place my b-i-l is dealing with the guy

Thanks everyone

Comment

Hunted with a friend on his family place. Awesome dove hunting, good number of ducks predators and hogs. Decent number of mule deer. Never saw a whitetail or turkey at their ranch.

Comment

I'm originally from Lubbock, had a gun store named Hunter's Paradise YEARS ago. We put on a few guided turkey and hog hunts with mixed results. BUT, in general I love that area and there at least used to be good game populations. Like someone else said, whitetails, mule deer, hogs, turkey AND found some good coveys of Bob White + Blues. I'd be interested to know what leases go for in that area these days. Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
                  X