A/C guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C guys?

I got ready to pull a vacuum on my truck ac and I have a dilema. The fitting on the vac pump is for R12 and my hoses are R134a. Is there an adapter that will screw on to this R12 fitting that will let me screw the 134 hose on? They are different sizes. See pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0604181439-00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	25148284

From a simple google search, yes they sell a ton of adapters for these fittings.

Comment

[ATTACH]910597[/ATTACH]

Either one of these will work.
      Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        [ATTACH]910597[/ATTACH]

Either one of these will work.
        Where can I get the one on the right?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Where can I get the one on the right?
          Mastercool part number 82634. There should be a auto a/c shop that sells a/c components and equipment near you. If not I can drop one in a box and ship it to you. Let me know. You might take that part number to a NAPA and ask. J8 equipment in Dallas may have them as well.
          Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I'm going to stop at Harbor Freight on the way home. The new pumps have both size fittings on them. Maybe they have the replacement for the model I have. If not, I think I'll just buy another pump.

Comment

Amazing deals on this Air Vacuum Pump W/ R134A And R12 Connectors at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Buy this one and take the fitting off of it and put it on yours. Probably cheaper that way. The fitting I have is 6.00, but we a long ways apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                https://www.harborfreight.com/air-va...ors-96677.html

Buy this one and take the fitting off of it and put it on yours. Probably cheaper that way. The fitting I have is 6.00, but we a long ways apart.
                I'll look at it while I'm there. If the fittings will swap I'll get the $17 one. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Well, I bought a pump at Harbor Freight. I pulled a vacuum on it for 20mins then shut it off and it held for 30mins. Charged it up and now we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Well, I bought a pump at Harbor Freight. I pulled a vacuum on it for 20mins then shut it off and it held for 30mins. Charged it up and now we will see.
                    Did you get it going ?
                    Hope you did

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                      Did you get it going ?
                      Hope you did
                      It was working fine when I called it a day yesterday. Hopefully it is still working this morning after sitting all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X