No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info B G..... im heading up there this afternoon.

Comment

Let me know how the roads look. Would like to make it to Rattan on Wednesday if I can.

Comment

I drove in HWY 43 by Sardis without issue. Im up in Clayton so I didn't get that far south sorry.

Comment

so the guys made it up. they rode all the trails and said they never had to get the chainsaw out. that was a surprise. also they said that the water came into camp about a foot deep but did not go into any of the campers. thank god...

also they said there is some wash out but the roads are drivable.

Comment

Well my buddies went out to the lease today, the roads were good, and it doesn't look like the creek got too high. They got some posting done on the property but they couldn't find one camera and one feeder. Hopefully they just couldn't find it and it wasn't stolen but I am thinking they walked off as there was sign someone was riding horses in the area. I know thievery happens it still ticks me off

Comment

Hi, Im new to TBH and Just purchased land in northern Push county, it is exciting to see this thread and all the hunters from TX that hunt in Oklahoma. I got tired of paying out the wazoo for land that wasn't mine so i bought some.

Comment

Welcome USMC...... I too did the same thing as you did. I was on a lease for 18 years in West Texas. I just bought land in Northern Push (Clayton Area). I've been seeing great deer and a bear. Cant wait till this October unless the Rangers make the playoffs then I need to work.

Comment

Can I play?

We just closed on land in OK, it is a little farther north than most of yall I think. It is is Latimer County, not too terribly far from Wilburton. There is tons of deer sign, I am stoked to hunt it for the first time this year. It has NEVER been hunted (legally) since the previous owner's family bought the land sometime in the late 1800s. Do any of you know anything about that area? Thanks for any info!

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                    Well my buddies went out to the lease today, the roads were good, and it doesn't look like the creek got too high. They got some posting done on the property but they couldn't find one camera and one feeder. Hopefully they just couldn't find it and it wasn't stolen but I am thinking they walked off as there was sign someone was riding horses in the area. I know thievery happens it still ticks me off

My feeder was empty and I had 26 pictures of crows, lightning, the tree falling next to it caused a pic to be taken and then a few pics of nothing. Turns out that we didn't measure the trigger distance correctly and the feeder was 2 yards out of range. There were a few pics that you can make out corn on the ground in front of the tube, so something was digging it out. May account for the bear tracks in the area. Fixed the distance problem while we were up there. Saw a few hens with this years hatch which was good, a lot of tracks from deer and hogs. We also had had some trees down but nothing major. The few Oak trees on the place are doing well and should draw some deer if they have a good drop this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
                      Welcome USMC...... I too did the same thing as you did. I was on a lease for 18 years in West Texas. I just bought land in Northern Push (Clayton Area). I've been seeing great deer and a bear. Cant wait till this October unless the Rangers make the playoffs then I need to work.
                      hay,guns_up its parkey.
                      going up there in a few weeks to check the cams and put out some deer blocks

Comment

I'll be headed up there for a day the first week of july

Comment

Originally posted by USMCHunter View Post
                          hay,guns_up its parkey.
                          going up there in a few weeks to check the cams and put out some deer blocks

I think im going back this weekend.

Comment

i will be headed up the 3rd of july to check the cam and to do some road work. I will post pics if i have any. I need to figure out a good system for my deer blocks so the bears dont drag them off. Anyone have any suggestions.

Comment

Hope all you gents are enjoying the off season! Many thanks to Daniel for seeing the obvious need and stepping up to start the 2015 thread. Thanks.

My apologies for being tardy to the party. Found myself overcommitted (church, coaching little league, being Dad, work, etc, etc) this spring and had to prioritize.

Been to the mountains twice this spring and am going through withdrawals. The spring rains washed about 99% of the soil out of our roads and we are growing a bumper crop of rocks! The positive part of the equation is that the place is booming with cover. Hopefully the mast production will be off the charts this fall.

Put out a mineral block and salt block up at Walls Rough in March and they were gone by 1st week in June. Cams showed tons of deer on them until a deficient size bear rolled in. FIL replaced them last week.

The lake is to the brim.

And the fish were biting earlier this month.
                              My buddy was thrilled with landing his personal best crappie.

I'll end my first post of 2015 with sharing my most important task in a decade. My 10 year old says she wants to kill a deer this fall instead of just sitting in the blind with me so it's GO time! Going to pick up Papa's .223 next time I'm in Durant.

Comment

Still haven't made time to go put some mineral sites and put up cameras, feeling way behind the 8 ball currently. Hopefully the roads will be in good enough shape that I'll be able to go up in a couple of weeks and start doing some work. Pretty excited to put the knowledge I gained last year to work this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X