Another DNA test results from AncestryDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
    Well I never thought it would happen, but my brother found my birth father and more details about my life.
    He still alive?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      He still alive?

Don’t know yet. Still looking

Comment

Cool beans, Timm! I am really happy for you and your brother!

Comment

Tim... any updates you can share.

Comment

Cool stuff

Comment

Those of you who have names to go by can try find a grave
              It's free, sometimes there is family history with it.

Comment

Happy for you, Timm. Hope you find what you are looking for. I'm sure it is an emotional roller coaster for you and your brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Happy for you, Timm. Hope you find what you are looking for. I'm sure it is an emotional roller coaster for you and your brother.

Thanks. It’s had its highs and lows for sure. The coolest part so far is that I am a native Texan. Born in Dallas.

We are still looking for my bio dad. The story is he went back to Thailand in the 1970.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    We must all be related. One of my Great Grandpas stole a mule off a man, at sword point, after being wounded at Vicksburg trying to make his way back to Many, Louisiana. My Great Grandpa Small wrote a short story documenting his time in the Civil War.
                    I hunt with guy, lives here, but his family is in Texas and his last name is Small.

Comment

This is exciting Timm! I'm hoping you find everything you're looking for!

Comment

Good luck to you and your brother...2050z. Thanks for sharing your story and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Oh heck! I got a college friend from Many named Small! I might shoulda done a better background check before picking up that pup!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          I hunt with guy, lives here, but his family is in Texas and his last name is Small.

For the record, Froggy's last name is not Small. That is just what his wife calls him, even though he is a pretty big old boy. I can only guess why she calls him Small.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            For the record, Froggy's last name is not Small. That is just what his wife calls him, even though he is a pretty big old boy. I can only guess why she calls him Small.
                            Hey now. I would never, ever pick on a friend like that.

I just saw this but in full disclosure..... When I was a young man in the Army I wore a size 9.5 boot. Over the years my feet have grown to a size 12.

Unfortunately, another body appendage has shrunk accordingly. Now when I wake up in the morning instead of standing at attention, I see a little turtle head poking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I paid $200 to find out I'm 90% east texas trash and 10% Louisiana horse thief.

No refunds????

[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣❣️❣️❣️

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                                Native American?
                                If you read the reviews of the various DNA tests you'll see many complaints by people claiming the test results didn't show any Native American DNA.
                                As mentioned earlier, family campfire stories passed down the generations simply aren't true.
                                Due to some pretty wild stories from members of my mother's family, I did the Ancestry test and it returned zero Native American DNA. When I announced my results it set off a war between myself and the die hard myth believers.
                                Otherwise, Ancestry linked up about 100 people I was truly related to. Interesting, but genealogy really isn't my cup of tea.
                                I'd recommend Ancestry.

Interesting. I am curious to see how mine would turn out if i do a test.

My great great grandmother was native american. She married my great great grandfather in the late 1800’s when he traveled from Arkansas and settled in Eastland County in covered wagon. That side of the family is pretty well documented. My maternal Grandfather carries the native traits and so does my uncle, and they are still in the Gorman/Desdemona area. Both dark skin, jet black hair, shorter men. Only one of my cousins show the native traits.
                                My siblings take after my dads side (acadians who were booted from Nova Scotia and settled in south Louisiana) except for me. I’m the “milk man” baby. Lol. I resemble my moms great grandfather (who married the native american)
                                Both sides are very well documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X