USAA Banking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USAA Banking

Anybody use and like USAA banking??? When I started this "business" back in June of 17; I converted everything from BoA to USAA. I haven't had many issues until today. I decided to shop around for a credit card with a better APR and rewards options because at USAA I have a 14.15% APR. I called them to see if they had any other options.... After 30+ minutes on the phone the young lady told me that this was the only option based on my low credit score of 780!!! Seriously!!!

I kindly told her to put a stop payment on any transactions after 3/1 that I would be closing all of my accounts and transferring my money elsewhere. She attempted to crawfish which just upset me further.... Sir, would you like to talk to a supervisor.... would you like to talk to one of our financial professionals.... Nope!!! Have a great day and thank you for your assistance.

I wouldn’t quit them that easy. Had them for years and love them. My CC is around 8 percent. Many different options for credit cards with them. Don’t let one dumb employee ruin it for you.

Comment

They are a great outfit. I only left them because of the NFL sponsorship. I have found a local bank that has been pretty good though.

Comment

If 14% is a problem now, why wasn't it a problem when you agreed to the terms?

If you pay your card off every month, no concern with the 14%. In their defense, you don't have much of a history with them at this point.

Comment

I think you need to work on that low credit score of 780.

Everyone knows that 781 is extremely higher and will gain you a lot more benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            If 14% is a problem now, why wasn't it a problem when you agreed to the terms?

If you pay your card off every month, no concern with the 14%. In their defense, you don't have much of a history with them at this point.
            My introductory phase has expired and honestly I never paid attention to what the APR would be. When I received the $85 interest statement is when I noticed the APR.

I understand the history aspect of their determination but if you have roughly $50k in 5 accounts with an organization and they are unwilling to budge on a Credit Card APR with a balance less than $5k..... Time to go.

Comment

USAA has been great to me

Comment

I think you are making a mistake---one problem and you are leaving? Seriously? I've been with them since '68 with no complaints. Sure, there are others out there that may have a "come-on" bargain deal to attract you, but that low first-year interest rate--not worth losing the service USAA provides day in and day out.

Comment

USAA has been good for me and my wife. We really like the mobile banking app they have. It makes things easy. I dont know what other peoples experiences are, but I would not recommend them for a vehicle loan. I have a pretty dang good credit score and my wife is getting there. When they quoted us for a used vehicle loan about a year and a half ago the interest rate was around 13%. Needless to say we financed with one of the local credit unions and had it around 4% till we paid it off.

Comment

Got on with them through my wife. I'll never switch.

Comment

Get their 2.5% cash back card

Comment

My wife and I have had a pretty good experience using USAA for insurance purposes. We used them for our recent home purchase mortgage and had the worst time dealing with their team of experts. What should have taken 30 days took over 2 months. They screwed up almost everything they touched.

Comment

One of the safest banks in the US.
                          Only problem is limited bank locations and ATMs.
                          I still insure my cars and homes with them, but moved my money to Wells Fargo because there are more Wells branches than Starbuck locations.. Wells is also one of the biggies that it too big to ever fail...

Comment

I have been with USAA for as long as I can remember with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by texglocker View Post
                              My wife and I have had a pretty good experience using USAA for insurance purposes. We used them for our recent home purchase mortgage and had the worst time dealing with their team of experts. What should have taken 30 days took over 2 months. They screwed up almost everything they touched.
                              Did you "complain" to management about this? No way it is going to be fixed unless management gets facts-based feedback (and not emotion-based).

Comment

Working...
                              X