Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Practice in the rain? Probably not!!!

Hunt in the rain? Most times I'll skip it because I don't like to blood trail in the rain. If I do hunt in the rain, you can bet I'll be in an enclosed blind where I can stay dry!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is my biggest fear about hunting in the rain. I lost a pig one time because the blood trail washed away within minutes of me shooting him. I'll still hunt in the rain, but if rifle season is open I take a gun. Not a fan of bow hunting in the rain anymore.

Comment

I have a love-hate relationship with hunting in the rain. I have had alot of success with getting close to critters and shooting them either during a light rain, a break in the rain, or when rain is a comin'. I have yet to have rain prevent me from recovering an animal... but in one case, you could say I got a tad lucky. I much prefer to be in a blind, and won't just hang out in the rain and hunt. This is so that I don't have to worry about shooting in rain gear, can keep my fletchings/bow dry, etc. I use silencers that do not absorb water because of rain. I don't want rain to stop me from hunting, because as I stated before, I've had some of my best days when it is rainy/sloppy.

Comment

As far as using rain-practice as prepping for hunting, most points have been covered. I know that shooting 3-D in the rain makes it hard to be consistent with wet fletchings and a wet glove.

For actual hunting in the rain, I would worry about losing a blood trail, as Bisch and CRM mentioned. There is also the matter of safety: I don't want to be out in a thunderstorm -- especially 15 feet up in a tree on a metal platform. Lightning often accompanies rain, and it's hard to know when and whether there will be lightning with rain until it's too late.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience CaughtandHobble.

I may reconsider this rain hunt ordeal. I see it now... THWACK!....ZAP!

I often wonder if my carry pistol causes me to more attractive to lightning as Im working outside during storms.

Comment

Brother Briar you would be having a blast over here!!!! I can't remember a dry day. BTW if you'd use aluminum like I do you wouldn't have to sweat the other hardware. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
              Brother Briar you would be having a blast over here!!!! I can't remember a dry day. BTW if you'd use aluminum like I do you wouldn't have to sweat the other hardware. Lol

I might try the aluminum one day. The only aluminum I use is on my Darton.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

I might try the aluminum one day. The only aluminum I use is on my Darton.
                Was talking arrows, didn't know you had a Darton.
                Never shot a wheelbow but I hear that Darton is top of the line.

Comment

Wet chickens make good targets.
                  They make a real loud pop when you hit them.

Rick

Comment

^ Another Bull Story? Or was this one intentional??

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                      ^ Another Bull Story? Or was this one intentional??
                      LOL. Naa.

I was just pickin on Byron, because he's a chicken herder.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X